The Student Room Group

international, help!

im from canada and applying to schools in the uk, as i dont live there i was hoping to get advice on where to apply, i already applied to the 5 schools, but still have a couple of days to make changes. the one im unsure of is warwick, i heard its very out of the way, and that worries me as i would like to submerse myself in the culture and surroundings, and i do really enjoy clubbing and partying. i was wondering if anyone could tell me of a university with a good social scene, fairing well academically, but that is also safe and has somewhat of a campus. thanks to anyone who can give me advice, its very appreciated!
Original post by Canadiangirl95
im from canada and applying to schools in the uk, as i dont live there i was hoping to get advice on where to apply, i already applied to the 5 schools, but still have a couple of days to make changes. the one im unsure of is warwick, i heard its very out of the way, and that worries me as i would like to submerse myself in the culture and surroundings, and i do really enjoy clubbing and partying. i was wondering if anyone could tell me of a university with a good social scene, fairing well academically, but that is also safe and has somewhat of a campus. thanks to anyone who can give me advice, its very appreciated!

I've moved this over to the uni life forum for you, as I think you'll get a better response there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Canadiangirl95

Hi, I'm from Mauritius and my first choice is the university of Newcastle. It is quite good academically and the city is great. You should check out its website. :smile:
Warwick is alright! Sheffield gets voted no 1 for their student union every year, and they have a great social life but they're not very campus-y. Where else have you applied? It sounds like you'd be well suited to Birmingham, they have a great student union, great social life, and really nice campus and accommodation (including 24 hour security so it's really safe) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending