Hitting a woman. Where do you stand......?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous Coward
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
....To her left or her right?
Lord Frieza
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I stand on my legs
cyxstudio
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
what a coincidence
Anonymous Coward
Rep:
?
(Original post by Voltozonic)
Incase this does turn into a proper debate:

It is just as bad to hit a woman as it is to hit a man.

If a woman hit's a man, that doesn't entitle the man to hit her back. However if the man does choose to hit her back, it should not be seen as any worse than her hit in the first place. Just because she is a female doesn't mean that for some reason it is an even harsher thing to do.
I agree.
Don't hit someone you aren't willing to take a hit back from.
StrangestThings
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Bring it.
miser
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't hit someone unless you have to. And if you have to, you have to, regardless of their gender.
So Instinct
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Take gender out of it. If the person instigates violence then so be it, if not then it is not called for.
username1039383
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Only weak cowards hit women..
TheBigJosh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I agree that if a man is hit by a woman, hitting her back makes him no worse. Domestic violence is wrong on both sides, for everyone.
SoftPunch
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
''Hitting a woman. Where do you stand....?''
On her head.

In all honesty though, I don't think a man should hit a woman back if he can avoid it. If she is hitting him non-stop, then yes - different story altogether; otherwise the spiral of violence would just continue and continue until the moment someone gets seriously hurt; when it all could have be avoided if one swallows his ego and walks away.
Vian
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hitting a woman is as bad as hitting a man. Not much more needs to said, to be honest.

(Original post by Secretnerd123)
So if you run at me with a knife, I should be "strong, brave man" and just take it? :lol:
beckaroo7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If the female knows what she is doing, and knows better, and is obviously trying to antagonize someone.....well people will lose their temper won't they? I have an awful temper when I lose it, but being a girl it's different I suppose. Not that it should be.

I remember reading a thread on tsr a while ago about a guy hitting a girl. Apparently the girl had been having a go at him, bringing up sensitive subjects (saying things like his recently deceased dad had never loved him) and winding him up on purpose, getting in his face, and actually shoved him a few times-that kind of thing.

Eventually the guy whipped round and slapped her. He lost all his friends and I genuinely felt sorry for him. The girl shouldn't have sunk to that level to provoke a reaction like that. Obviously he shouldn't have hit her as no-one should resort to violence. But if it's ever justified that seemed a reasonable situation to me
reapingunicorn32
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd only hit a woman if she is capable of giving you a good deal of damage. I am not permitting it at all but ONLY retaliate to a woman in that way in self defense. Though I actually don't think violence to man is good either but more looked down upon hitting a woman in society.
username1039383
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Vian)
Hitting a woman is as bad as hitting a man. Not much more needs to said, to be honest.

So if you run at me with a knife, I should be "strong, brave man" and just take it? :lol:
The average man is generally stronger than the average woman. There are obviously exceptions as you've pointed out. What i meant is that if the woman didn't start the physical abuse (or just slapped or something as minor) , there is no reason to hit her..
arkhamz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think that women should understand that they are weaker on average compared to men and probably shouldn't get physical with someone who could incapacitate them pretty easily. If you're stupid enough to try it, don't be surprised when violent behaviour is reciprocated. That seems fair I think.
EatMyJunk
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
even with a 'miswak' (toothbrush)?
Anonymous Coward
Rep:
?
(Original post by reapingunicorn32)
I'd only hit a woman if she is capable of giving you a good deal of damage. I am not permitting it at all but ONLY retaliate to a woman in that way in self defense. Though I actually don't think violence to man is good either but more looked down upon hitting a woman in society.
Not only that, but a man who alerts the police that he's being abused gets looked down upon. As if he's weak for not being able to control his girlfriend/wife.

A man is expected to take the abuse 'like a man'.
redferry
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd hit a woman any day.

Its good to hit your girl, put her in her place. *****es love it.

Robin Thicke told me.
Vian
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
if the woman didn't start the physical abuse (or just slapped or something as minor) , there is no reason to hit her..
As I said, hitting a woman is as bad as hitting a man. However, why on earth should women be allowed to hurt men (with a slap, as an example) with no repercussions? That's simply unfair, and a way of saying that women can't be held accountable for their actions as they're weak (which sounds a fair bit sexist to me IMO).
zeb123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I wouldn't hit a women unless it was something like extreme like she tried to kill me or been cheating on me for years but you shouldn't touch a girl unless it was extremeeee
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (136)
28.51%
No - I have already returned home (65)
13.63%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.5%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.43%
No - I live at home during term anyway (138)
28.93%

Watched Threads