Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

There seems to be demand for this thread, so here it is
    I will add things to this op when I find the time. (A reminder would be nice if I forget )

Have fun learning!

Unit 5 paper- bare in mind this will be your mock so might be best advised that you don't look at this until after you have done your mock. ( This has been put up as some candidates are undergoing self study type schemes and thereby would not have access to the paper):
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf AQA-CHEM5-QP-Jun13.pdf (717.4 KB, 3306 views)

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone finding unit 5 compared to unit 4?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by propagation)
    Hi all,

There seems to be demand for this thread, so here it is
    I will add things to this op when I find the time. (A reminder would be nice if I forget )

Have fun learning!
    :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raymankiing)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We haven't done much yet, but its not too bad. In comparison to unit 4 though, it does seem a bit trickier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    We haven't done much yet, but its not too bad. In comparison to unit 4 though, it does seem a bit trickier.
    It looks much better than unit 4. There's none of the pants organics in it :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJG21)
    It looks much better than unit 4. There's none of the pants organics in it :grin:
    Organic is fun!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raymankiing)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not as interesting as unit 4. There is more understanding involved in unit 4 but more mindless mesmerisation in unit 5 and there are no mechanism, which I absolutely love. Overall, unit 4 is more enjoyable although I do like all the pretty colours of the transition metals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Organic is fun!!
    :facepalm:

The physical chemistry is fun!

ReputationRep:
    We haven't started unit 5 yet. How is it in comparison to unit 4?

ReputationRep:
    Organic is fun!!
    100% this although unit 4 organic kind of altered my love for it

(Original post by CJG21)
    I personally don't like the physical stuff. Inorganic is decent though. Love that you don't like organic but you're a chemistry applicant

ReputationRep:

I personally don't like the physical stuff. Inorganic is decent though. Love that you don't like organic but you're a chemistry applicant
    Well physical is proper chemistry. Organics isn't

I'm going to abandon organics as soon as I get the chance!

ReputationRep:

Noooo! You gotta rekindle your love for organic! I'm sure once you keep practicing the mechanisms and such you will reignite your love for organics.

(Original post by CJG21)

Blasphemy!!! :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Noooo! You gotta rekindle your love for organic! I'm sure once you keep practicing the mechanisms and such you will reignite your love for organics.

Blasphemy!!! :unimpressed:
    :facepalm2:

You need to learn...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJG21)

:eek: can't believe what I'm reading. I bet you'll change your mind when you start uni
    Defo working on it. Once I'm able to get full marks in the organic questions, I'm sure I'll love it

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna keep my ion this thread... :teehee:

(Not sorry for the lame joke)

ReputationRep:
    :eek: can't believe what I'm reading. I bet you'll change your mind when you start uni
    Why do you like organics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJG21)
    Why do you like organics?
    Its really fun!! And there's such a range involved with it, from naming compounds to making them, and its all based around one otherwise insignificant element. And the curly arrows of course :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Its really fun!! And there's such a range involved with it, from naming compounds to making them, and its all based around one otherwise insignificant element. And the curly arrows of course :sexface:
    Naming compounds; irrelevant as IUPAC names aren't adopted most of the time.
    Making: You make more with inorganic.
    Curly Arrows are bent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJG21)
    Naming compounds; irrelevant as IUPAC names aren't adopted most of the time.
    Making: You make more with inorganic.
    Curly Arrows are bent.

:lol: so why do you love physical so much?

ReputationRep:
    Chem 5 stopped me getting into uni. So you can probably figure out which one i prefer.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.