The Student Room Group

AQA CHEM5 A2 Chemistry-June 17th 2014

Hi all,

There seems to be demand for this thread, so here it is :biggrin:
I will add things to this op when I find the time. (A reminder would be nice if I forget :biggrin: )

Have fun learning! :biggrin:

Unit 5 paper- bare in mind this will be your mock so might be best advised that you don't look at this until after you have done your mock. ( This has been put up as some candidates are undergoing self study type schemes and thereby would not have access to the paper):
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How is everyone finding unit 5 compared to unit 4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by propagation
Hi all,

There seems to be demand for this thread, so here it is :biggrin:
I will add things to this op when I find the time. (A reminder would be nice if I forget :biggrin: )

Have fun learning! :biggrin:

:thumbsup:
Original post by Raymankiing

Posted from TSR Mobile

We haven't done much yet, but its not too bad. In comparison to unit 4 though, it does seem a bit trickier.
Original post by mynameisntbobk
We haven't done much yet, but its not too bad. In comparison to unit 4 though, it does seem a bit trickier.

It looks much better than unit 4. There's none of the pants organics in it :grin:
Reply 5
Original post by CJG21
It looks much better than unit 4. There's none of the pants organics in it :grin:

Organic is fun!! :biggrin:
Original post by Raymankiing

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not as interesting as unit 4. There is more understanding involved in unit 4 but more mindless mesmerisation in unit 5 and there are no mechanism, which I absolutely love. Overall, unit 4 is more enjoyable although I do like all the pretty colours of the transition metals. :biggrin:
Original post by The.Joker

:facepalm:

The physical chemistry is fun!
Reply 8
We haven't started unit 5 yet. How is it in comparison to unit 4?

100% this :biggrin: although unit 4 organic kind of altered my love for it

Original post by CJG21

I personally don't like the physical stuff. Inorganic is decent though. Love that you don't like organic but you're a chemistry applicant :wink:

I personally don't like the physical stuff. Inorganic is decent though. Love that you don't like organic but you're a chemistry applicant :wink:

Well physical is proper chemistry. Organics isn't :biggrin:

I'm going to abandon organics as soon as I get the chance!

Noooo! You gotta rekindle your love for organic! I'm sure once you keep practicing the mechanisms and such you will reignite your love for organics. :smile:

Original post by CJG21

Blasphemy!!! :unimpressed:
Noooo! You gotta rekindle your love for organic! I'm sure once you keep practicing the mechanisms and such you will reignite your love for organics. :smile:

Blasphemy!!! :unimpressed:

:facepalm2:

You need to learn...
Original post by CJG21

:eek: can't believe what I'm reading. I bet you'll change your mind when you start uni

Defo working on it. Once I'm able to get full marks in the organic questions, I'm sure I'll love it :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm gonna keep my ion this thread... :teehee:

(Not sorry for the lame joke)
:eek: can't believe what I'm reading. I bet you'll change your mind when you start uni

Why do you like organics?
Original post by CJG21
Why do you like organics?

Its really fun!! And there's such a range involved with it, from naming compounds to making them, and its all based around one otherwise insignificant element. And the curly arrows of course :sexface:
Its really fun!! And there's such a range involved with it, from naming compounds to making them, and its all based around one otherwise insignificant element. And the curly arrows of course :sexface:

Naming compounds; irrelevant as IUPAC names aren't adopted most of the time.
Making: You make more with inorganic.
Curly Arrows are bent.
Original post by CJG21
Naming compounds; irrelevant as IUPAC names aren't adopted most of the time.
Making: You make more with inorganic.
Curly Arrows are bent.

:lol: so why do you love physical so much?
Reply 19
Chem 5 stopped me getting into uni. So you can probably figure out which one i prefer.