masters in education essay nightmare Watch

rjrs0510
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
ok, I am a mature student, and it has been over 10 years since I've written any kind of academic paper. I was just wondering, is it possible to get a failing grade in a masters course essay. I have 5000 words to write and I am almost at that goal.

I have to write about an educational problem and connect it to two social theories. So i chose the korean education system and the problem of inequity caused by private education. I am trying to connect this to marxist theory and the theory of meritocracy.
Anyway, my essay has to be completed in a week... I am basically writing quotes (paragraph length) from other works and have a few sentences of my own connecting them to my topic and my ideas.

My plan is to write as much as I can by Saturday, then spend time editing and trying to develop a clear line of thought throughout everything... is this the right way to go?

All I want to do it pass, any tips on what I can do to achieve that would be most welcome!! I guess and hope that this first essay will be the most difficult and that it is all going to get better!!!
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

What are your favourite crisps?