University of Manchester Pharmacy Online Assessment Watch

CherryBlossom11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi. I have recently received an email from University of Manchester saying they are considering my application and I should take an online assessment for them to evaluate me. I would like to prepare for the assessment. Anyone who sat for it before, would revising my A-levels syllabus be enough or should I do some extra reading? Thanks.
Shikha187
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, I just got that email, I am worried as well. Have you done yours yet?
RAJ93
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi. I received an email too. I have no idea what to prepare for. any ideas?
Shikha187
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi. I received an email too. I have no idea what to prepare for. any ideas?
I havent done mine yet but the lady at Manchester said:
please do not worry too much about this – based on your current level of study you should not have any real difficulty in completing it and it is not something that you can specifically revise for. The assessment is made up of 5 pharmaceutical calculations and 2 questions/ethical dilemmas that require a short written response.

Good luck
naseeragani
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Are you all international students?
LotusMD
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got the same email today. Are any of you Canadians?
RAJ93
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nope it's not about what country you're from. It's basically kind of the same exact assessment. Made up of 5 calculations and like 4 other general questions. I called and ask this means that they are pleased with our grades and application and this is the final step before they decide if they want to accept us. This is their way of " interviewing " us since we are outside the UK.
I asked her if I should revise anything and she said no. But I feel like were gona get screwed over like 5 calculation questions.. Really? What to revise? What formulas ?
I've been postponing it for over a week waiting for someone to take it and tell me what to so!!!!
LotusMD
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
yeah! I have no idea either... I've been trying to search up old forums about the assessment but they're not that helpful. I'm hoping the calculations involve basic high school math. I really hope someone who already did the assessment can help us out!
Shikha187
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey guys,
I did mine last week and I got an offer from Manchester today
First of all, do not panic and don't worry about the time limit, 1 hour is plenty of time.
I got 5 pharmacy calculations. 3 of them were simple maths involving proportions.Maths students should have no trouble completing it. 1 of them required a little bit more thinking, i don't quite remember but i was stuck on that one because i didn't understand the question. And the last calculation was of half-life, so that was more chemistry.
Then they asked me an ethical question worth 20 marks and max word limit was 120 words. It was something on alcohol. The last one was on pharmacy practice. Just testing your knowledge of medicine a bit.
Please do not worry, I was nervous as well but it's quite simple and straightforward.

Good luck guys!
LotusMD
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks for sharing, Shikha187! Is Manchester your first choice?
RAJ93
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hi!! thanks for sharing! was the ethical issue too hard? what exactly was it about? and when you say test our knowledge in medicine do you mean OTC drugs, how drugs are taken, etc?

HELP!!
LotusMD
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey guys, are you planning to firm Manchester? If so, have you thought about accommodation?
RAJ93
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got an offer at Manchester.. The assessment was easier than I expected
Are there on campus dorms ??
LotusMD
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RAJ93)
I got an offer at Manchester.. The assessment was easier than I expected
Are there on campus dorms ??
That's awesome! Yeah, the assessment wasn't too bad. There are on-campus residences... we'd have to apply soon in order to get one of our preferred choices. I'm still debating whether to get a self-catered or catered room, or to just live off-campus somewhere.
Shikha187
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I cannot decide between Manchester and kings college london! Please help! 😣

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rhyss01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What sort of question did they ask you in the assessment? And is the assessment instead of an interview? And if it's available for UK students?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.51%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.81%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (137)
17.02%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.16%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.81%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.68%

Watched Threads