The Student Room Group

Opinions on Bruno Mars' songs

Is he the new MJ? Some of his stuff from Unorthodox Jukebox is brilliant, listening to it now.
Has anybody even heard of Bruno Mars?
I love his music! Especially love When I Was Your Man, it's so sweet :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The only good song he ever did was that one with B.o.B.
His songs are catchy all right but it's not deep.
He is brilliant and all this time I thought I was the only one who could see MJ in him. Most of his songs are very meaningful too...
Love the music. Love him!

No word of a lie x
Reply 7
Unorthodox Jukebox took me by surprise actually (being a rocker/metal dude n'all) after I downloaded it as result of curiosity after a great deal of my friends and family said it was great. Moonshine and Young Girls are probably my favourite Bruno Mars songs and they're from Unorthodox Jukebox. He also did a mean mash-up of Billie Jean, Smells Like Teen Spirit and Seven Nation Army.

[video="youtube;OTpg5FNdQhg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTpg5FNdQhg[/video]
Reply 8
The new MJ??:confused: Leave it mate, you went too far.
His songs are emotionally vapid, to be quite honest - I look for honest lyricism and stuff like Just the Way You Are and Grenade doesn't really fly with me. A lot of his stuff that I have heard is cringey over-soppy rubbish (imo). The only song I vaguely liked was the Lazy Song, and that was written by K'Naan, who is a lot better (and correspondingly less famous). The first time I heard Locked out of Heaven I thought it was the Police, it sounds so similar!

I don't think he's anything special really, but I guess he's better than some of the other stuff out there.
Reply 10
Love Bruno Mars got all his albums

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
****e
Original post by Autistic Merit
The only good song he ever did was that one with B.o.B.

I thought Mirror was good too. In general I think Lil Wayne is one of the worst rappers I've ever heard, but the lyrics were actually decent and the beat was sick.
Reply 13
I love Bruno Mars. Unorthodox Jukebox is a great album - great 70s vibe :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest