A Level - Accounting - AQA

Watch this thread
Toki_Premium
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi all,

I'm considering doing AS Accounting with 1 unit of A2 all in one year.

I would be doing this whilst undertaking my industrial placement - so work in the day time and studying in the evening.

How feasible is this?

I've just studied 10 weeks of it at University level and averaged not too badly (borderline first) and i'm looking to get a B grade overall due to the boost of UCAS points I need for applying for grad schemes.

At uni we covered: SOFP + Income Statement with adjustments/BE analysis/Variable & Absorption Costing/Double Entry Book - keeping/Investment Appraisal/Ratio Analysis and some other stuff like the accounting principles e.g prudence/going concern etc

Any thoughts?
TheSnail
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Heya, i've bumped this thread for you and moved it to the accounting and finance area. I hope you receive an answer soon!
RossSimmons
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
You need unit one and two to progress to unit three. It's impossible, you will be expected to bring your skills from AS to A2 but how can you do that if you don't have the skills from AS?

I think you will really struggle its not like typical theory subjects ie law.

Hope that helped

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (54)
27.14%
As I expected (65)
32.66%
Harder (72)
36.18%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.02%

Watched Threads