The Student Room Group

Psychology Dissertation help

Hi, i am in the process of planning my dissertation procedure and i have been told to randomise the tests i will be using. My study will consist of two groups, one of which will be a control group. In my study, i will be using 2 tests, one of which will require participants to join numbers and the other will require participants to join dots. Both these tests consists of an easy level and a hard level and both the easy and hard levels consist of four tasks. So in summary,

Test A- Dot Joining (easy)- consists of 4 tasks
Test B- Dot Joining (hard)- consists of 4 tasks
Test C- Number Joining (easy)-consists of 4 tasks
Test D- Number Joining (hard(- consists of 4 tasks

So, i am meant to randomise these. However, i am confused as to whether i am supposed to randomise these for each participant, so that each participant in the group is doing a different tasks or whether it is supposed to be randomised over the period of time i am doing my study (since i am doing a longitudinal study).

Also, all participants in the groups have to do all of the above tests.

I know that randomisation is to avoid practice effects, but i am really confused and i am meant to be starting my research soon, so i really need some help.

Thanks in advance.
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

Quick Reply

Latest