The Student Room Group

WJEC C2 January 2014 [17/1/14]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KillJoy
Did someone else end up with an algebraic fraction to solve in 6. b)?

No, I just integrated the curve equations and put In the limits for x?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Original post by Emily-Beth
No, I just integrated the curve equations and put In the limits for x?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I meant question 5
Original post by KillJoy
Sorry I meant question 5

Ohhh, personally no :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
10 was a sort of iteration question from C3. It worked out to be 4, 0.75 and -1/3 repeated and then T50 was 0.75 I think! :smile: haha. I totally messed up the 5aii) triangle question, but I think lots of people did
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by swilliams14
10 was a sort of iteration question from C3. It worked out to be 4, 0.75 and -1/3 repeated and then T50 was 0.75 I think! :smile: haha. I totally messed up the 5aii) triangle question, but I think lots of people did

I had this too! But I was sure it was wrong as t1=4 and t4 =4? :s
Original post by sunflower95
wasnt the question show that they dont intersect? if the dont intersect there will be no real roots.. so bsquared -4ac < O which it was.. so youve proves that they dont intersect? anyonw get that??
p.s so how are you wrong sorry?

Yeah I used b2-4ac<0 from C2 and my teacher said that was correct! phewww :smile:
Original post by Jossc1
I had this too! But I was sure it was wrong as t1=4 and t4 =4? :s

yeah I thought that but when you carry on working it out it went t4=4, t5=0.75, t6, -1/3 and it kept repeating so that was the sequence.. I just kept going until t50 to get it then haha
Reply 67
yeah I thought that but when you carry on working it out it went t4=4, t5=0.75, t6, -1/3 and it kept repeating so that was the sequence.. I just kept going until t50 to get it then haha

Ah that's good to know! What did you get for the radian question?
Original post by Jossc1
Ah that's good to know! What did you get for the radian question?

I got the angle to be 1.4 radians and then the perimeter was both arc lengths + 3 + 3 to give 21.4 cm? Did you get that? :smile:
Reply 69
I got the angle to be 1.4 radians and then the perimeter was both arc lengths + 3 + 3 to give 21.4 cm? Did you get that? :smile:

Yes and me!! This is is reassuring to hear haha, I was panicking because I know I've dropped quite a few marks on 2b and 5aii. Thanks for replying!
Original post by Jossc1
Yes and me!! This is is reassuring to hear haha, I was panicking because I know I've dropped quite a few marks on 2b and 5aii. Thanks for replying!

Same! I dropped those aswell. I even messed up the simple trig equations and missed of the area of a Triangle question! I'm a silly silly girl haha! I'm just praying for an A so hope everything else was right. No problem. C3 Wednesday now. Good look if you're doing it :smile:
Reply 71
Same! I dropped those aswell. I even messed up the simple trig equations and missed of the area of a Triangle question! I'm a silly silly girl haha! I'm just praying for an A so hope everything else was right. No problem. C3 Wednesday now. Good look if you're doing it :smile:

Im sure you'll do fine! I did the area of the triangle wrong somehow too! And the question before it I ended up with a quadratic equation but it didn't factorise and I couldn't find my mistake so I've lost marks there! Yes I will be, good luck to you too!
Original post by Jossc1
Im sure you'll do fine! I did the area of the triangle wrong somehow too! And the question before it I ended up with a quadratic equation but it didn't factorise and I couldn't find my mistake so I've lost marks there! Yes I will be, good luck to you too!

I literally haven't come across anybody that has been able to solve that quadratic equation for 5aii, so don't beat yourself up about it. I hope the grade boundaries are low, because it was a tricky paper :smile:
anyone remember what the got for the value of n in the arithmetic progression? I had -7 :s-smilie:
Reply 74
Did anyone get for 4(b)(i):
a = -2916
r = -1/3
anyone remember what the got for the value of n in the arithmetic progression? I had -7 :s-smilie:

I had -10 :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cengland
Did anyone get for 4(b)(i):
a = -2916
r = -1/3

I had r, not the value for a

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 77

I had 8, not sure if its right? :s
Original post by Emily-Beth

I think I did this..
a+(2n-1)d=3(a+(n-1)d
then after rearranging it I put the values of a and d in.. It confused me for a while aha genuinely had no idea
I think I did this..
a+(2n-1)d=3(a+(n-1)d
then after rearranging it I put the values of a and d in.. It confused me for a while aha genuinely had no idea

Ah I put the numbers in before re arranging which probably caused me mistakes, i was rushing like mad! Hopefully I'll get some marks for workings!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending