The Student Room Group

HELP! How do I prepare for an interview at a grammer sixth form?

I have been emailed that I have an interview with Stratford Grammer school next Wednesday and I am FREAKING OUT! I am planning to take the following subjects for a level: maths, chemistry, biology and RS. Can anyone tell me how I should prepare for this bearing in mind I got a B for chemistry and am not very clever. With target grades C and B as well as A. Please help me, thanks
Reply 1
I'm not being nasty but for a start it's *grammar:wink:
but honestly just keep yourself calm, write down why you want to go there, what your future aspirations are, your current interests etc. read and change them up til the day of your interview so you're prepared for any questions they might ask you, honestly you'll be fine:smile: chill x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Genius98
I have been emailed that I have an interview with Stratford Grammer school next Wednesday and I am FREAKING OUT! I am planning to take the following subjects for a level: maths, chemistry, biology and RS. Can anyone tell me how I should prepare for this bearing in mind I got a B for chemistry and am not very clever. With target grades C and B as well as A. Please help me, thanks

Umm I had one on Wednesday so I can sort of tell you what they asked me. For Maths we had to sit an entry test, I doubt you will have to. They may just ask you a few questions to test your algebra and your trig. For Chemistry they asked me about the periodic table and wanted to talk about trends. They also asked about bonding, difference between ionic and covalent. May ask you to balance equations as well.

You may get the question of why you want to take the subject. Be truthful about it and just say you are passionate about it and think it will compliment your other subjects. I didn't have Biology or RS but yeah my Physics interview was a killer.... Good luck :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Super199
Umm I had one on Wednesday so I can sort of tell you what they asked me. For Maths we had to sit an entry test, I doubt you will have to. They may just ask you a few questions to test your algebra and your trig. For Chemistry they asked me about the periodic table and wanted to talk about trends. They also asked about bonding, difference between ionic and covalent. May ask you to balance equations as well.

You may get the question of why you want to take the subject. Be truthful about it and just say you are passionate about it and think it will compliment your other subjects. I didn't have Biology or RS but yeah my Physics interview was a killer.... Good luck :smile:

They ask you questions related to the subject! gosh. well that's hard. Who were you interviewed by? The head of sixth form or senior / leadership subject teachers?? If they ask me about my chemistry, than Im a bit dead down there as I studied chemistry last year and don't remember much
Reply 4
lol! I guess it's time to hit the books and memorise as much you can!
When I had my grammar sixth form interview, all they asked was why I wanted to do my chosen subjects, what I think it will lead to at university [and why] and a bit about my interests. You shouldn't get stressed, I'm the most socially awkward person around people I don't know and I was fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest