Want more information about this university?
Jjordan1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Just wanna know about the uni and student life and nights out , accomidation etc and if the place is racist or what not
TeamChester
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's amazing. No regrets.
The university is small but growing. Which means you are a name and a face, not just a number.
Campus is amazingly friendly, you will get to know a lot of people in no time. The lecturers and facilities vary with whatever course you choose to do but have a reputation for being great!
Besides that, the nightlife is class and is only getting better. Naturally our Student's Union Bar "CH1" is the starting point for most nights out with cheap drinks and staff that you will probably see out later... We have good clubs and the student nights that they put on are insane, week in week out. You will not be bored, you will not be disappointed.
As for accommodation, as a first year student you are more than likely to get a place in university halls. They are conveniently placed on campus, in town or somewhere in between. If not your cup of tea, the private sector knows what we students want and we have domination over the space between uni campus and the city centre, Studentville.
Either way, the campus is only a short walk from town and you will never be far away from your mates.
Racist? Not in the slightest. It's Chester!! Being a nice, normal person is a pre-requisite to entering the city!!
In all seriousness, it has not to my knowledge been an issue in Chester. Chester is a diverse and accepting place that welcomes anyone who wishes to call it their home.
If you would like confirmation on this then our Student's Union team are there to help!
They really are incredible, down to earth people with your best interests at heart. They will help you in anyway they can which is basically in everyway.
I would advise coming to see the uni on an Open day or an Applicant day.
Check the websites for more information!
www.chester.ac.uk
www.chestersu.com
Hope this helps.

#TeamChester
PatchworkOrange
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Heyy, I'm a first year and all I can say is that UoC is a great place and the city is great too It's one of the universities with top student satisfaction/happiest students and I can say its true. I know this sounds like I'm just promoting it but it really is good.
The city is great with loads of different shops and the nightlife is great. It might not have a billion nightclubs but the ones we do have (as well as pubs to start off in) such as Rosie's, Off The Wall, Cruise and The Compass are great for socials and get togethers.
I haven't seen any racism going on and if there ever was, the university would sort it out immediately.
The accommodation is varied, but still good, there is a new block (Grosvenor House) that has just been built on Campus which are studio flats, with others on site too (Catherine House, Fisher and Astbury House) which are all mixed accommodation but the rooms are good. A lot of people also live off site in uni accommodation (I live in Powys Court, it's pretty good), and there are others too.

Hope this helps!
Karen
Jjordan1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thank you very much I wasn't sure I was going to get a reply on this thread but both of you have given me an in depth perspective of UoC and I appritiate it greatly.
SmokeOnTrent
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am in my second year and its great. A really modern city combined with history. Very good resources. Good transport links and everything is close to everything. Knowledgeable lecturers. A lot of beautiful women. Good nightlife. Accomadation is insanely close. Only one complaint about the Chester campus is sometimes its unorganised.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (693)
33.8%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (874)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (391)
19.07%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.49%

Watched Threads