Are these good GCSE Subjects?

Watch this thread
MindlessMinaji
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I have to pick my GCSE options soon and I was wondering wether or not my options are good. Any advice or suggestion welcome.

Compulsory:
English Language
English Literature
Maths
PE
Religious Studies
MFL - German
Science - Triple Science

Options:
Business and Economics
Geography
History
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
They are good, yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
ManicsGirl97
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I'd have thought so. Humanities are always good, and economics must be useful as well. How come PE and RS are compulsory for GCSE though?!! Gosh, can't imagine anything worse than GCSE PE...
FatimaHere
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ManicsGirl97)
I'd have thought so. Humanities are always good, and economics must be useful as well. How come PE and RS are compulsory for GCSE though?!! Gosh, can't imagine anything worse than GCSE PE...
I'm not doing GCSE P.E, and I'm doing my GCSEs... It's not compulsory for all schools then. Same with the R.E, at least in mine.
AdamCee
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Looks good to me; basically exactly what I took
Hannabika
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Yeah there are good
we have similar subjects
MindlessMinaji
Rep:
(Original post by ManicsGirl97)
My school is a sports college so you have to do pe or dance. And it is also slightly religious so everyone does RS
MindlessMinaji
Rep:
Thanks for the help.
391iady
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MindlessMinaji)
I have to pick my GCSE options soon and I was wondering wether or not my options are good. Any advice or suggestion welcome.

Compulsory:
English Language
English Literature
Maths
PE
Religious Studies
MFL - German
Science - Triple Science

Options:
Business and Economics
Geography
History
Yes that is good, but you might want to add an art or dt subject in the mix.
ifyouseelaura
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 8 years ago

Compulsory:
English Language
English Literature
Maths
PE
Religious Studies
MFL - German
Science - Triple Science

Options:
Business and Economics
Geography
History
I think they sound good - I do German, History and Geography too, and love them, don't know about Business and Economics but it sounds interesting
MidnightDream
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
They are good GCSE's, I did German, History and Geography too - you'll love them
FrancisSin
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
They are good
I did History 2 years ago at GCSE and it was very enjoyable as I remember! I managed to get an A grade out of it after constantly getting Ds & Es in test papers so that was quite the change! If you ever need any help with English or History I can help.

Doing English Literature, Film & Media at A Level.
Asciant
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Yep they seem fine, you might wanna swap geog/history for a techy subject to widen your skill set but that is just personal preference
Sugar_1998
Badges: 12
Report 8 years ago

Compulsory:
English Language
English Literature
Maths
PE
Religious Studies
MFL - German
Science - Triple Science

Options:
Business and Economics
Geography
History

no
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (147)
28.94%
It went fairly well (241)
47.44%
It didn't go too well (77)
15.16%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.46%

Watched Threads