Does anyone have any opinions on this Polish MP...

Watch
SmallDuck
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I read this article in the Mail about a Polish MP, Agnieszka Pomaska who is defending Pole's rights to be here and work.

She claims that the education system in Poland is so much better than the UK's, and Poles are applying for higher paid jobs, displacing their native British friends.

If the education system in Poland is so much better, then why don't they all stay there? In some UK schools, one hundred percent of the pupils are Polish... I don't figure.

She also said that immigrants aren;t increasing youth unemployment in the UK, which is a plausible argument, for absolutely no reason at all.

Even if all immigrants DO work, I still will never be able to afford a house, I will still have to wait for ages in the NHS, I will still sit in traffic jams every day, I still will feel alienated in this country where I was born (as were my ancestors)

Any other opinions? I am happy to respect everybodies', however different they are to mine.
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SmallDuck)
I read this article in the Mail about a Polish MP, Agnieszka Pomaska who is defending Pole's rights to be here and work.

She claims that the education system in Poland is so much better than the UK's, and Poles are applying for higher paid jobs, displacing their native British friends.

If the education system in Poland is so much better, then why don't they all stay there? In some UK schools, one hundred percent of the pupils are Polish... I don't figure.

Parents may come here to find work. Schools may be better in Poland, but if there are jobs in the UK, the adults will come here and take their children with them.

She also said that immigrants aren;t increasing youth unemployment in the UK, which is a plausible argument, for absolutely no reason at all.

Ok? :confused:

Even if all immigrants DO work, I still will never be able to afford a house, I will still have to wait for ages in the NHS, I will still sit in traffic jams every day, I still will feel alienated in this country where I was born (as were my ancestors)

What's your point? :confused:
Martyn*
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Polish politicians are incompetent and corrupt. Like our own really. She and her government should be creating the jobs that the Poles need in their own country.
thesabbath
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
It's "interesting" that these foreign apparatchiks feel the need to tell us how unwelcoming our nation is of their cast-offs, whilst never reflecting upon the fact that these people are routinely choosing to leave their country of origin for England in the first place.
SmallDuck
Rep:
(Original post by Martyn*)
Polish politicians are incompetent and corrupt. Like our own really. She and her government should be creating the jobs that the Poles need in their own country.

I agree with you on that one!
SmallDuck
Rep:
(Original post by thesabbath)
It's "interesting" that these foreign apparatchiks feel the need to tell us how unwelcoming our nation is of their cast-offs, whilst never reflecting upon the fact that these people are routinely choosing to leave their country of origin for England in the first place.
Yes, good use of the term 'interesting'
Juichiro
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago

Any other opinions? I am happy to respect everybodies', however different they are to mine.
I bet a million pound that only some of your ancestors were born here. Want to bet me with me?
Snagprophet
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
If education there is better, then it's certainly not a long term thing. How can it be sustained if they're brightest taxpayers leave the country?
uktotalgamer
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I've been to Poland. It's ****. There is not a cat in hells chance that their education system is better than ours.
Fcukyuu
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Poland was great before communists ravaged it, no wonder so many neo-Nazi's are there. Nazi's are like liberators of communism to many eastern Europeans. People who see Nazi's as purely evil just don't understand there were two evils at that time but history is written by the victor.
SmallDuck
Rep:
(Original post by uktotalgamer)
I've been to Poland. It's ****. There is not a cat in hells chance that their education system is better than ours.
yes, I did find the MP's statement hard to believe.
SmallDuck
Rep:
(Original post by Fcukyuu)
Poland was great before communists ravaged it, no wonder so many neo-Nazi's are there. Nazi's are like liberators of communism to many eastern Europeans. People who see Nazi's as purely evil just don't understand there were two evils at that time but history is written by the victor.
I am sure you are right.

Conclusion: Capitalism is best (although not perfect)
CEKTOP
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Poland was **** throughout history, never managed to build an empire (although it did have ambitions) and got ass-raped by Stalin and his gang of crooks.
Its current situation represents what shoving their ambitions up their ass feels like.
Arethusa
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I am Polish and I love you all )
simon_g
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Poland was great before communists ravaged it, no wonder so many neo-Nazi's are there.
BS.
After gaining independence in 1918 Poland was a poor country, un-industralized and with plenty of ethnic problems.

yes, I did find the MP's statement hard to believe.
http://www.oecd.org/pisa/keyfindings...lume-I-ENG.pdf
reddevil93
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by uktotalgamer)

Mate you don't have a clue..... I came here when I was 14 and I went to high school (Year 9). Things that I was doing during maths lessons here were the things that I have already done many years ago in Poland.
If you take a Polish child that is lets say 12 years old and an English child and compare their knowledge in aspects like : Maths, Science, Physics and History then your child would not stand a smallest chance.
I know that truth hurts and we always like to say that what's ours is best. However in this case you should swallow your pride and just agree with the facts.
username91207
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
In some UK schools, one hundred percent of the pupils are Polish... I don't figure.
Source please, otherwise I'm calling bull****.
UniMastermindBOSS
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I would :cookie:
SmallDuck
Rep:
(Original post by reddevil93)
Mate you don't have a clue..... I came here when I was 14 and I went to high school (Year 9). Things that I was doing during maths lessons here were the things that I have already done many years ago in Poland.
If you take a Polish child that is lets say 12 years old and an English child and compare their knowledge in aspects like : Maths, Science, Physics and History then your child would not stand a smallest chance.
I know that truth hurts and we always like to say that what's ours is best. However in this case you should swallow your pride and just agree with the facts.
Then why did you come here if Poland is so much better?
alicefogg
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Martyn*)
Let's be honest, we can't even do that in our own country...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.62%
Okay (86)
29.55%
A bit lacking (105)
36.08%
Not good at all (72)
24.74%

Watched Threads