The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Biomedical science bradford uni 2014

I have searched and searched everywhere for a biomedical science thread for Bradford applicants..
I kind of feel like am d only one.. Certainly no:confused:..

Anyways, I decided to start this thread and hopefully find other applicants.
Reply 1
I applied for d clinical science, but got rejected ...
luckily, was given alternative courses to choose from.. I chose this..
And still waiting for a reply...

Interview..or rejection!!!
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Hey :smile: I'm a second year biomed if you have any questions :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by OneDayDoctor
Hey :smile: I'm a second year biomed if you have any questions :smile:

Hi there!! Did you go for an interview or not at Bradford b4 getting an offer??

Thanks..
Original post by evenda
Hi there!! Did you go for an interview or not at Bradford b4 getting an offer??

Thanks..

I actually applied for forensic nd medical sciences, and then switched to biomed this year (but fms is literally biomed with a module of forensics!)

I had an interview... But after I got an offer! All they asked was my name and what a levels I was doing so hardly an interview! I know that biomed does a similar thing so they'll invite you to an applicant day which may or may not include an interview. If you have one it's more of a chance for you to have a chat with thr staff than it is for them to decide if they want you or not :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by OneDayDoctor
I actually applied for forensic nd medical sciences, and then switched to biomed this year (but fms is literally biomed with a module of forensics!)

I had an interview... But after I got an offer! All they asked was my name and what a levels I was doing so hardly an interview! I know that biomed does a similar thing so they'll invite you to an applicant day which may or may not include an interview. If you have one it's more of a chance for you to have a chat with thr staff than it is for them to decide if they want you or not :smile:

Kk thanks....
Reply 6
I applied for healthcare science and was rejected, I'm predicted straight distinctions at access.
I'm interested in Biomedical research but still at school thinking about GCSEs! However I was advised as follows by a 26year old female vet postgraduate whi is really successful and loves her work!.....

To be in Biomed research you have to do a PHD after your degree so get as much work experience as possible to make sure.
it's what u want to do. It is a great career path, particularly oncology!

Once u start getting into it, it is totally fascinating!
......there are times you'll set up an experiment which takes days but then just doesn't work for no reason .. That's just science :-/also try to get work experience in a lab. I found core research interesting until my thesis.

I think business studies should be compulsory as it's so so helpful to have a grasp on business to some extent. In this day and age IT is obviously great to have too...Obviously go with as much science as you can. I think geography gives good peripheral knowledge (you'll do human and physical geo). GCSE PE is very, very helpful to any medical type degree as you go into more uni level depth. I actually found PE A-Level most helpful when I got to uni!! Obviously only do it if you have a couple of sports under your belt. ...

Hope some or any of this is helpful to you and goodluck! x
Reply 8
Yayyy... I got an offer for biomed... No interview though...

But I want to know what the applicant day is all about?? Helps pls...

Thanks..
Reply 9
Original post by evenda
Yayyy... I got an offer for biomed... No interview though...

But I want to know what the applicant day is all about?? Helps pls...

Thanks..

Hello

I have also been offered a place to study biomed here. The applicant day just gives you the chance to meet some of the lectures, have a look around the uni and I think they have an informal interview on the day as well.
Reply 10
Okk... Thanks..

From the day's event I received, nothing was said about an interview, its just talk and tour.. Anyway, it doesn't bother me much.

Congrats on your offer...
hey.. got an offer late November last year without an interview. anyone choosing bradford as their firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Idontevenknoww
hey.. got an offer late November last year without an interview. anyone choosing bradford as their firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think I'm going to firm Bradford, are you?
Where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
hello. I m going to study biomedical science in September ,too.I would like to learn if you are contented of the course?
Reply 14
Hi there,

I have got an unconditional offer for Bradford Biomedical for this year. I hope to meet you people when I start the course. I am really nervous because I want to do really well in this course.

Quick Reply