what a levels should I do for Film Production and Cinematography BA (Hons)

Watch
brandonq6
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
if you know please comment thanks
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
http://courses.bournemouth.ac.uk/cou...qualification/

Photography, Art, Graphic Design, Media, ICT, English Lit, Sociology, Electronics etc would all be useful. Just make sure you have at least one solid 'essay' subject at the core of this - Uni isnt all 'practical', there will be lots of reading, text analysis and essay writing as well. And you will need evidence of an active interest in film-making and the film industry. Just 'I think I'd like this subject' won't be enough.
brandonq6
Rep:
?
(Original post by returnmigrant)

Photography, Art, Graphic Design, Media, ICT, English Lit, Sociology, Electronics etc would all be useful. Just make sure you have at least one solid 'essay' subject at the core of this - Uni isnt all 'practical', there will be lots of reading, text analysis and essay writing as well. And you will need evidence of an active interest in film-making and the film industry. Just 'I think I'd like this subject' won't be enough.
thank you so much
brandonq6
Rep:
?

also does it matter if your a levels link with your uni course? I want to do film studies.. graphic design .. English lit .. maths or ict for a level is that okay?
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Read the reply above - I've just explained this. Think about what the degree course is about and will cover. READ some course descriptions - including the detailed descriptions of optional units. Of course your A levels need to link - how else are you going to explain your academic interest in this area in your UCAS statement without any background knowledge/awareness? HOw are you going to have any idea that you want to spend three years studying this?
brandonq6
Rep:
?
Read the reply above - I've just explained this. Think about what the degree course is about and will cover. READ some course descriptions - including the detailed descriptions of optional units. Of course your A levels need to link - how else are you going to explain your academic interest in this area in your UCAS statement without any background knowledge/awareness? HOw are you going to have any idea that you want to spend three years studying this?
film studies. graphic design. english & maths /computer studies .. is this okay?
dragonkeeper999
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by brandonq6)
film studies. graphic design. english & maths /computer studies .. is this okay?
Sounds good to me

Film studies - clear interest in degree course
Graphic Design - also links to creative side of degree
English - good essay writing skills
Maths - good numerative skills / Computer Studies - links with degree
photoguy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
hey there thank you for helping but i have a problem here in our country we dont have graphic design studies but design and technology i dont know if they are similar and also can i do photography , graphic design , geography
Jessengilbert
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
So i will taking as level this year and i dont want to take math as level since i know my score will be undergrade, and there’s no film studies in my as level subject but i want to have major in it. Someone pls give me advice. Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (550)
34.06%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (665)
41.18%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (327)
20.25%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.52%

Watched Threads