FrancisSin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
1.) Anglia Ruskin (Cambridge) - Creative Writing and Film. (Unconditional offer)
2.) Essex University - English and Film. With year abroad. (Conditional offer)
3.) Kent University - English and American Literature and Film. (Conditional offer)
4.) Bournemouth University - Scriptwriting. (waiting)
5.) Portsmouth University - English and Film. (conditional offer)

- I got BBC last year in Exams.
- Most of these are ABB - BBB grades to get in.
- What are good universities to go to? Highly regarded with good graduate prospects?
- I'm so lost!
Solivagant
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There are 5 different courses there. The course is just as important as the university.

What specific course do you want to do the most?
nicatre
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The one which teaches the course you'd most like to do, with an immediate and local environment you'd bd happy studying/living in.
Marinaawesome
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Kent is really great I hear

Posted from TSR Mobile
username919394
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm at Essex doing Drama and Literature and really loving it! I've also heard good things about Kent. But as others have said, you've got quite a few differing courses there so you should really have a look at the courses and see which ones interest you the most. Also make sure you go and have a look around the universities, I had my heart set on UEA before going to look round unis but something about Essex really appealed to me when I went there for an open day and choosing Essex was the best decision I've made.
KehRawwr
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Like everyone's said above - the course is the most important factor, look at which courses offer the most modules you like the sound of.
If you wanted any opinions from people, I went to an open day for Anglia Ruskin film course a year ago and I was not very impressed by it, you'd probably have better prospects at any of your other choices. Portsmouth and Bournemouth are both quite nice Universities - with quite strong creative departments (or so I think).

Have you been to open days at any of these Universities? It is probably worth you going along to see the campus/talk to course leaders as only you can make the decision on where you want to go.
FrancisSin
Rep:
?
(Original post by KehRawwr)
Like everyone's said above - the course is the most important factor, look at which courses offer the most modules you like the sound of.
If you wanted any opinions from people, I went to an open day for Anglia Ruskin film course a year ago and I was not very impressed by it, you'd probably have better prospects at any of your other choices. Portsmouth and Bournemouth are both quite nice Universities - with quite strong creative departments (or so I think).

Have you been to open days at any of these Universities? It is probably worth you going along to see the campus/talk to course leaders as only you can make the decision on where you want to go.
Thank you for this. Yes I have visited all of the universities except Portsmouth (which I'm visiting soon on a 'Visit Day'). I was wondering what the reputation for the unis are such as Anglia Ruskin and Essex (all of them in general!) because I wonder when approaching the job market, is saying you've studied at ___ university going to be dismissed because of its name/stereotype?
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Kent at the top of the list, Anglia Ruskin not even on it.

You need to be very realistic about your likely grades when deciding this. English (and connected subjects) are very competitive and they won't be 'lenient' if you don't get the required grades.
FrancisSin
Rep:
?
(Original post by returnmigrant)
Kent at the top of the list, Anglia Ruskin not even on it.

You need to be very realistic about your likely grades when deciding this. English (and connected subjects) are very competitive and they won't be 'lenient' if you don't get the required grades.
Is Anglia Ruskin not a very respected university?
Well I was given BBC last year so I believe this year I'm likely to get the same or possibly ABC...
In your opinion, what are the best universities on this list?
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't go to Anglia Ruskin. Its not a credible University. An utter waste of money.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19