Physics or History? Do any of you think you took the wrong subject?

Watch
cosmic.cole
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I like History but Physics would be more useful.
What should I take with my maths, econs and chem?
I want to go into law, business, surgery or architecture.
Aneesah_May
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I regret taking physics. I really enjoy history its a lot if work though but it depends what exam board you are doing im doing ocr for both and for ocr history there are a lot of topics the school can choose from.

For the degrees you are interested in apart from surgery and architecture there are no necessary requirements. History would look better for law but physics would be better for architecture. The mistake I made was not considering what I would be interested in. You have to do 10hrs of work for each subject if you are not interested in one of them you wouldn't want to spend that much time on it
LSE1996
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well LAW/BUSINESS/SURGERY/ARCHITECTURE are completely different areas... First of all, forget about going for 'surgery' I suppose you mean medicine as BIOLOGY IS AN ENTRY REQUIREMENT and you won't get in to any medical school with your choice of AS Levels... However, Between Law/Business and Architecture I would chose History as you are already sitting maths and History is a good essay-based subject which you don't have... Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.39%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.64%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.27%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.75%

Watched Threads