NuriaM
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Calling all ChemEng students from different Uni's...
Thought I would start a forum joining ChemEng students from all Uni's purpose;
What Uni do you study ChemEng?
How is ChemEng at your Uni?
How's the workload?
Also helping each other out with Assignments, dissertation and general help and advice
I think this would also help anyone looking to do ChemEng to gain an insight into our lives in our Uni's.

I'll start, am at Teesside University (not the best but hey I like it here), currently in placement year, my Uni's workload is usually 50:50 practical and theory everything we learn we apply to company based projects and show case the majority to companies.
Hope to meet a lot of fellow ChemEng's

Posted from TSR Mobile
addylad
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by NuriaM)
Calling all ChemEng students from different Uni's...
Thought I would start a forum joining ChemEng students from all Uni's purpose;
How's the workload?
Also helping each other out with Assignments, dissertation and general help and advice
I think this would also help anyone looking to do ChemEng to gain an insight into our lives in our Uni's.

I'll start, am at Teesside University (not the best but hey I like it here), currently in placement year, my Uni's workload is usually 50:50 practical and theory everything we learn we apply to company based projects and show case the majority to companies.
Hope to meet a lot of fellow ChemEng's

Posted from TSR Mobile
I for one would like to get this thread going!

I'll be starting in September 2014, and transferring from a BSc (Hons) Natural Sciences degree from the OU, which I am half-way through. I'll go into year three (four year degree as it's a Scottish uni) and study by part-time distance learning.

Strathclyde.

TBC

How's the workload?
TBC
NuriaM
Rep:
?
(Original post by addylad)
I for one would like to get this thread going!

I'll be starting in September 2014, and transferring from a BSc (Hons) Natural Sciences degree from the OU, which I am half-way through. I'll go into year three (four year degree as it's a Scottish uni) and study by part-time distance learning.

Strathclyde.

TBC

How's the workload?
TBC
Awesome am glad I've gotten a reply since the time I started this I think is good to get the ChemEng community together ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
addylad
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Awesome am glad I've gotten a reply since the time I started this I think is good to get the ChemEng community together ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Agreed! Especially about going over problems together and helping each other out.
NuriaM
Rep:
?
Agreed! Especially about going over problems together and helping each other out.
^^ Finally that was the response I was hoping on getting when I first started this, thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tomupcraft
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
First year here

Imperial

How's the workload?
Tough, demanding (dislike all the 9am starts!)
NuriaM
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tomupcraft)
First year here

Imperial

How's the workload?
Tough, demanding (dislike all the 9am starts!)
Posted from TSR Mobile

How many hours do u usually do in imperial ie 9am to 8pm lectures? (Trust me I had a day like that loool), and do you guys do projects in your first year? Here at Teesside we did about 2 technical projects in our first year one small one, and one industrial
addylad
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
^^ Finally that was the response I was hoping on getting when I first started this, thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
And me!

Out of interest how did you find the introductions to thermodynamics/fluid mechanics? I'm trying to learn them to prepare as I won't go into first year and have an easy start!

And did you draw on anything in particular from your A levels? I haven't studied thermodynamics much at all so I was wondering how much you knew before you started.

Posted from TSR Mobile
NuriaM
Rep:
?
And me!

Out of interest how did you find the introductions to thermodynamics/fluid mechanics? I'm trying to learn them to prepare as I won't go into first year and have an easy start!

And did you draw on anything in particular from your A levels? I haven't studied thermodynamics much at all so I was wondering how much you knew before you started.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be truthful I had found the introduction to thermo quite difficult but managed very well during revision times with books as; thermodynamics an engineering approach by Yunus and even thermodynamics for dummies. So got a good grade in the end for that one lool. Chemistry Alevels helps in understand thermo and physics as well. I had brought my chemistry alevel book and so it came on handy.

Fluid mechanics was awesome fluid mechanics fundamental and applications by Yunus is very good ^^

My advice would be to look up some lectures on YouTube and prepare yourself that way, if you can find the content of how you will be taught it at Uni and then find the matching lectures

Posted from TSR Mobile
addylad
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
To be truthful I had found the introduction to thermo quite difficult but managed very well during revision times with books as; thermodynamics an engineering approach by Yunus and even thermodynamics for dummies. So got a good grade in the end for that one lool. Chemistry Alevels helps in understand thermo and physics as well. I had brought my chemistry alevel book and so it came on handy.

Fluid mechanics was awesome fluid mechanics fundamental and applications by Yunus is very good ^^

My advice would be to look up some lectures on YouTube and prepare yourself that way, if you can find the content of how you will be taught it at Uni and then find the matching lectures

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for the info!

Let me know how you get on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (28)
32.94%
No - I have already returned home (9)
10.59%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (19)
22.35%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (6)
7.06%
No - I live at home during term anyway (23)
27.06%

Watched Threads