The Student Room Group

hhahaahhaahahah christians stay away

[h="1"]Nigerian Pastor Tries To Walk On Water Like Jesus, Then Drowns In Front Of His Congregation[/h]

Walking on water is not easy. Not too many people have the ability. Let’s see, there’s Jesus, and well, that’s about it. Unfortunately for one pastor on the West Coast of Africa, his attempt to become the second man to make this impossible feat a reality cost him his life.
Pastor Franck Kabele, 35, told his congregation that he was capable of reenacting the very miracles of Jesus Christ. He decided to make it clear through way of demonstration on Gabon’s beach in the capital city of Libreville.
Referencing Matthew 14:22-33, Kabele said that he received a revelation which told him that with enough faith he could achieve what Jesus was able to.

According to an eyewitness, Kabele took his congregation out to the beach. He told them that he would cross the Kombo estuary by foot, which is normally a 20 minute boat ride.
Sadly by the second step into the water Kabele found himself completely submerged. He never returned.
This is not the first incident of this nature in Africa. At Ibadon zoo in south-west Nigeria, a self-proclaimed Prophet claimed to be able to do what the Daniel of the bible did by walking into a den full of lions.

http://www.reportghananews.com/nigerian-pastor-tries-to-walk-on-water-like-jesus-then-drowns-in-front-of-his-congregation/
Darwin Award nominee...
Reply 2
I'm a Christian and even I find this hilarious.
Why would you see someone drowning and decide to take a picture?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I literally cried with laughter. I wish I was there, I'd be rolling around holding my stomach in pain.
Original post by Eva.Gregoria

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm guessing that might be a stock photo. Some of the comments on that story page are also claiming it to be a hoax anyway.
Original post by serebro

Im pretty sure most Christians would? It is kinda funny. Technically, any one can walk on water

Just freeze it :biggrin: OR

Do something like this, but on a larger scale:

Under water hotel perhaps :biggrin:
Original post by Eva.Gregoria

Posted from TSR Mobile

A very valid point.

If this pastor couldn't even swim, why would he attempt to achieve something that it scientifically impossible?
Reply 8
Original post by serebro

Yeah that says a lot about you and the point in calling yourself a 'christian'.
slavery was not the worst thing inflicted upon the the Africans--t was, in fact, Christianity.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by genuinelydense
slavery was not the worst thing inflicted upon the the Africans--t was, in fact, Christianity.

Christianity is more humane than Animism.
Reply 11
Original post by Xscape
Yeah that says a lot about you and the point in calling yourself a 'christian'.

Someone call the fire brigade because I just got burned! :wink:
Reply 12
Lol. I am also a christian but it was sooo funny. Is the guy alive though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Nice try, but unfortunately this story is complete and utter bull. It has been floating around the internet since 2006, and has been criticized ever since. There is no evidence this event happened, or even that a 'Franck Kabele' even existed, as his parish and parishioners have never actually been proven to be real either.

Again, nice try to have a dig at Christians, but next time try to verify your sources before posting stories on forums.
this is sad and funny at the same time...

Quick Reply

Latest