ChocoholicCox
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hye, basically im doing AQA maths a level and we have just started core 2 (well starting Tuesday) however we still also have decision 1 aswell to do.
We have just done a core 1 mock and it took me approximately about 3 months to get the hang of core 1 :/ (jump between GCSE and A level)
Do you think I should revise core 2 outside and inside of lessons or do u think I should revise decision 1 along side core 2, (core 2 i will be doing in lessons)
As I feel I won't have enough time to get the hang of core 2 for so long since core 1 was a pain (btw i did soo much revision to understand core 1 just took me a while since my teacher did not teach us properly and had to self teach pretty much but now they have just recently sacked him for a better one :/)
TenOfThem
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ChocoholicCox)
Hye, basically im doing AQA maths a level and we have just started core 2 (well starting Tuesday) however we still also have decision 1 aswell to do.
erm

I am sure that your school have a plan

We have completed C1, all but The Normal Distribution in S1, and a chapter of C2

I would not be worried about C2 in the time left but I am a bit shocked that you have not begun D1 yet

How are your lessons set up - do you just do Core until finished then do D1?
Solivagant
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Decision 1 is only a short unit. Don't panic.
ChocoholicCox
Rep:
(Original post by TenOfThem)
erm

I am sure that your school have a plan

We have completed C1, all but The Normal Distribution in S1, and a chapter of C2

I would not be worried about C2 in the time left but I am a bit shocked that you have not begun D1 yet

How are your lessons set up - do you just do Core until finished then do D1?
Well my last teacher only taught us core 1 and basically the new teacher came in 2 weeks ago before the mock and he said he was just aiming to teach core 2 (after core 1 mock 3 days ago) which he said was the plan andthen said we would move onto decision 1
Basically this year were doing core1,2 and decision 1.
TenOfThem
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Well my last teacher only taught us core 1 and basically the new teacher came in 2 weeks ago before the mock and he said he was just aiming to teach core 2 (after core 1 mock 3 days ago) which he said was the plan andthen said we would move onto decision 1
Basically this year were doing core1,2 and decision 1.
How many hours/lessons a week do you have?
ChocoholicCox
Rep:
(Original post by CJG21)
Decision 1 is only a short unit. Don't panic.
Oh right thanks phewwwwwwww
ChocoholicCox
Rep:
How many hours/lessons a week do you have?
We have 3, 1 hour lessons and 1, 1 hour and 30 min session thanks
TenOfThem
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
We have 3, 1 hour lessons and 1, 1 hour and 30 min session thanks
4.5 hours a week is not much - I would expect you to be able to complete C2 by Easter based on that

Then D1 after Easter, I guess - in 3 weeks whilst you are revising for everything else

Maybe your teacher has a plan for getting it done more quickly

We work towards completing all 3 together with C1 revision by Easter then C2 and the applied revision after Easter

But not all schools are the same
ChocoholicCox
Rep:
4.5 hours a week is not much - I would expect you to be able to complete C2 by Easter based on that

Then D1 after Easter, I guess - in 3 weeks whilst you are revising for everything else

Maybe your teacher has a plan for getting it done more quickly

We work towards completing all 3 together with C1 revision by Easter then C2 and the applied revision after Easter

But not all schools are the same
Yeah its not much at all :/, oh right XD yeah it just seems like we have spent way too much time on core 1. Yeah i remember my last teacher saying that were meant ot be on chapter 5 in core 2 by Christmas but he went so much explaining it that none of us took it in
TenOfThem
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Yeah its not much at all :/, oh right XD yeah it just seems like we have spent way too much time on core 1. Yeah i remember my last teacher saying that were meant ot be on chapter 5 in core 2 by Christmas but he went so much explaining it that none of us took it in
If you spent that long and have a really strong understanding then the time was well spent
ChocoholicCox
Rep:
If you spent that long and have a really strong understanding then the time was well spent
Yeah true
Super199
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
We have just done a core 1 mock and it took me approximately about 3 months to get the hang of core 1 :/ (jump between GCSE and A level)
Do you think I should revise core 2 outside and inside of lessons or do u think I should revise decision 1 along side core 2, (core 2 i will be doing in lessons)
As I feel I won't have enough time to get the hang of core 2 for so long since core 1 was a pain (btw i did soo much revision to understand core 1 just took me a while since my teacher did not teach us properly and had to self teach pretty much but now they have just recently sacked him for a better one :/)
Do you only have one teacher? TBH your class are pretty behind but I guess D1 isn't difficult to teach. Problem with my class is my stats teacher is literally so ****, she has never taught it before so is basically self teaching before she teaches us . Haha so I'm always scared in asking her questions I find tough in case she hasn't got a clue, so I resort to TSR . What other subjects you taking?
Liamnut
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Super199)
Do you only have one teacher? TBH your class are pretty behind but I guess D1 isn't difficult to teach. Problem with my class is my stats teacher is literally so ****, she has never taught it before so is basically self teaching before she teaches us . Haha so I'm always scared in asking her questions I find tough in case she hasn't got a clue, so I resort to TSR . What other subjects you taking?
I'm sure your maths teacher will be able to handle your s1 questions, she wouldn't be teaching it if she couldn't!
Liamnut
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I think your teacher will have some sort of plan to ensure you cover the syllabus but it looks like it may involve you doing a bit if work yourself.

You could start teaching yourself d1, this site should help:

http://www.hegartymaths.com/category...el-edexcel-d1/

You may also want to have a look at c2:

http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-r.../C2/module.php
davros
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Liamnut)
I'm sure your maths teacher will be able to handle your s1 questions, she wouldn't be teaching it if she couldn't!
I suspect that in order to teach S1 the way the exam board wants you to learn it, it is compulsory to have your brain surgically removed first
ChocoholicCox
Rep:
(Original post by Super199)
Yeah, basically about 2 weeks ago we got a new teacher to replace the old one XD.
Accounting and Business Studies (both A level) u?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.39%
Okay (115)
29.19%
A bit lacking (150)
38.07%
Not good at all (92)
23.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise