The Student Room Group

Crush's female friend(s) acting possessive towards him - what should/would you do?

Right so you have a crush on a guy and some of his female friends act possessive towards him when you show him attention for example by getting into his personal space, lots of touchy-freely flirty-ness, trying to hog his attention, inside jokes basically trying to show that she knows him better or that the have a longer history and acting all possessive. It is unclear whether or not the girl in question has feeling for him or is just another one of those 'friends' just using his attention to stroke her ego, (and thus possibly feeling threatened if he divert his attention towards other girls). Basically she is cock-blocking him in every possible way.

what should you do in such a situation?

Im not in this situation exactly, but I could see it playing out and I'm wondering how I should go about behaving in such a situation. I'm not going to resort to competing for a guys situation - that to me just seems like a recipe for stress and heartbreak, not to mention a lack of self respect. On the other hand it's a bit difficult if you like the guy or could actually potentially see something developing.
Reply 1
So, two thoughts, dating is a competitive business and only fight battles you believe you can win.
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
So, two thoughts, dating is a competitive business and only fight battles you believe you can win.

And rather stressful too. How could you determine whether or not it's a battle you could win?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
And rather stressful too. How could you determine whether or not it's a battle you could win?

Absolutely agree. Go on your instinct about what is the right thing to do.
Reply 4
Original post by Zarek
Absolutely agree. Go on your instinct abtout what is the right thing to do.

Ah do you mean whether or not you believe you could realistically win this 'battle'? Forgive me for saying but your answer was rather vague :tongue:
Reply 5
Try getting him on his own? Or text/message him on fb, surely his friend doesn't read these and then you can judge whether he likes you
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous

Is he interested in her? If no then you can 'win'. Just ask him on a date where she won't be there.

In all honesty she may not even fancy him she may just think he can do better (weird friend logic)

I would suggest though that if you don't like someone's best friend its unlikely to be a successful relationship. My best friend liked this one girl for ages but when they finally went on a date all she did was bitch about me which put him right off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending