The Student Room Group

WJEC C3 - 22nd Jan 2014

Not many days now until the exam is upon us.

I guess i am like many, having bashed through nearly all available past papers and i'm feeling confident about the majority of it, with functions being my weakest topic, but something i am improving on with each question i do

How is everybody else feeling?
Reply 1
Original post by _Morsey_
Not many days now until the exam is upon us.

I guess i am like many, having bashed through nearly all available past papers and i'm feeling confident about the majority of it, with functions being my weakest topic, but something i am improving on with each question i do

How is everybody else feeling?

I think I am feeling similar to you! Done every available past paper, but need to do June'13. However, I love functions questions, and make some silly errors on things like implicit differentiation! It's so annoying. Just need to keep going! Haha. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
I hate functions atm I don't know about C3 as I found C2 awful this January and C1 alright.
Reply 3
What did people think of it? I thought it went okay bar the last question, I couldn't seem to get an answer that would fit in the domain. Ended up with route 3 I think :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really liked this paper, some people I know said they found it hard, so expecting grade boundaries to maybe go down a bit. Only question where I think I lost marks was 6d where t=1 if y=10, did all working out up until putting 1 into the equation, don't know why I didn't ahah, oh and show f'(x) is an increasing function? i differentiated it but didn't make any comment, apart from that may of lost some mark due to small mistakes and functions but every else was fine, hoping for an A! :s-smilie:
Reply 5
I thought that was a mixed paper of relatively typical questions, but with one or two more challenging questions.

I understood the parametric question i believe however when i integrated i forgot to do +C which is where the y=10 when t=1 would have come in.

I also found the last question a bit stumbling, at least with fg(x) ending up with surds in my range.

I also did a stupid mistake in part 2(a). I mistook the quotation mark at the end of sinx to be the derivative of sinx :angry:

On the whole though, i thought it was pretty atypical.

Quick Reply