The Student Room Group

Why do I feel like this?

Basically, you've probably all seen my posts before about my dramatic life recently! If you haven't, basically I was cheated on by my first love and left for the girl he cheated on me with. I've got to the point where that no longer bothers me, because I do deserve better- but at the same time, I worry that I'll never find anybody else I'll ever be able to 'love' again. All my friends I live with have relationships, then there's me. Just sucks that he's already found love again whilst I was left to deal with the heartbreak and pain. What I don't get is, why if I'm happy on my own do I sometimes get stupidly down thinking about the fact I'll never find love again. People say 'you're only young' but everybody else has found somebody but me? Does this mean that I haven't moved on properly? I don't even know:/
Original post by Kellyxo
Basically, you've probably all seen my posts before about my dramatic life recently! If you haven't, basically I was cheated on by my first love and left for the girl he cheated on me with. I've got to the point where that no longer bothers me, because I do deserve better- but at the same time, I worry that I'll never find anybody else I'll ever be able to 'love' again. All my friends I live with have relationships, then there's me. Just sucks that he's already found love again whilst I was left to deal with the heartbreak and pain. What I don't get is, why if I'm happy on my own do I sometimes get stupidly down thinking about the fact I'll never find love again. People say 'you're only young' but everybody else has found somebody but me? Does this mean that I haven't moved on properly? I don't even know:/

You'll find love again. Don't worry. It's normal to feel like that - I felt cheated on a couple of years ago (even though I wasn't because we weren't going out but still had strong feelings for her) as I saw her in bed with her ex and was like wtf so I stormed out of there and told her to f u c k off and stay out of my life, which didn't matter to her because she didn't care about me and that hurt a lot.

Anyway, the point is that even though that was a terrible experience I got past it. I'm sure you'll get past it eventually :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by reapingunicorn32
You'll find love again. Don't worry. It's normal to feel like that - I felt cheated on a couple of years ago (even though I wasn't because we weren't going out but still had strong feelings for her) as I saw her in bed with her ex and was like wtf so I stormed out of there and told her to f u c k off and stay out of my life, which didn't matter to her because she didn't care about me and that hurt a lot.

Anyway, the point is that even though that was a terrible experience I got past it. I'm sure you'll get past it eventually :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry to hear. That totally sucks man. Also, I hope so- I just fear I'll end up alone forever because most people tend to say how they meet their partners at university etc or at this age. Just feel lonely I guess when all my friends have partners and I don't:/
You'e only 19 for goodness sakes. Most people on this forum probably hadn't even kissed by that age, let alone had a relationship lol
Reply 4
Original post by thatrollingstone
You'e only 19 for goodness sakes. Most people on this forum probably hadn't even kissed by that age, let alone had a relationship lol

Well everybody around me is in a relationship. Haha.
Reply 5
Know exactly how you feel, I'm 18 and a my friends are either in relationships or had proper experience in them. I can't even describe the mess I've been in. People also tell me that I'm on my young and girls will come my way and though it's hard to really think that's the case, eventually it will when you least expect it.

It's like when you lost something and you're looking everywhere but you just can't seem to find it. You give up and move on with your life; that may be minutes, hours, days or weeks but then when you least expect it, boom you found the thing you lost. You just need to concentrate on yourself, concentrate on big and small goals you have and want to achieve and put your mind on that. Go to the gym, learn to drive, do something new - heck you may even meet the love of your life there but even if you don't, you'll have grown as a person so when you do meet the right guy, they would do everything they can to keep you by there side.

It sucks to be alone... I feel like that everyday but just weather the storm and things will get better :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not all relationships last forever. I've dated a guy who I actually thought was the one I'd marry in six years time. But it didnt last for more than two years, in fact, today would have been our second year together if we were dating.
Sometimes you just need to stop and enjoy your life being single, and then, you would meet someone whom you can never even IMAGINE falling in love with. But in the end, he is the one. :wink:
Reply 7
There are a lot of ForeverAlones out there, so I wouldn't fret. If you try to rush it, you may find there is more heartbreak instore, from incomplete 'ad hoc' attemped relationships.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending