The Student Room Group

Surrey, Liverpool.Reading or Leicester ?

Hi all,
I've received offers to study law at Surrey, Liverpool.Reading and Leicester and I was wondering which one is best for graduate prospects and reputation. Any reply would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Liverpool or Leicester but liverpool is russel group and you will definitely have a better student experience there- Leicester nightlife isn't built for the student if I'm being honest
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply, I'm warming towards Leicester. I know Liverpool is a Russell Group uni but in terms of the league tables it ranks the lowest. So I'm really not sure tbh. What are your opinions on Reading ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CharmanderA
Thanks for the reply, I'm warming towards Leicester. I know Liverpool is a Russell Group uni but in terms of the league tables it ranks the lowest. So I'm really not sure tbh. What are your opinions on Reading ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reading is chucking a lot of money at law and recruiting academic staff strongly (trading on its position midway between Oxford and London).

I was going to say, the less said about Reading as a town the better and then I saw your other choices. Presumably Teesside and West of Scotland at Paisley were just too picture postcard for you :tongue:)

The campus and the law faculty building would both be at the bottom end of the top 10 for prettiness in the UK.

Its reputation is as a "black letter" traditional law school. No fancy socio-legal mumbo-jumbo there.
Reading is a ****hole.

I'd go for Liverpool
I would say Liverpool, is the most 'respected' out of the lot. Reading is meant to be getting very good, especially it's Law department but I think Liverpool is also a better student city, more to do.
Reply 6
Did my research and it seems that Leicester is the best option. Liverpool may be a Russell group uni but in terms employment it is doesn't compare to Leicester or Reading.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Leicester clearly better than the other 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending