The Student Room Group

Maths GCSE in one year?

Hello everyone,

I'm home-educated at the moment, and I am in year 10, and this coming May, I will be doing 5 iGCSEs - one of which isn't Maths. I plan on doing the AQA maths linear GCSE course in year 11, but I'm fearful that it will be a bit of a struggle to fit the large maths course into the one year schedule, alongside 4 other iGCSEs. Of course, like I have been doing for my current subjects, I will be teaching maths myself as well. What do you think? Is it manageable? I have also forgotten a lot of the maths skills I picked up in year 7, 8 and 9. I am not one of those naturally gifted people in maths, and it is definitely not one of my strong subjects, although I am decent at maths. I am really aiming for an A/A*, a B at the least. So what do you think - manageable for someone of my position?
I didn't do IGCSE's, have no idea what they are to be honest:') But I did GCSE maths at school. The way my school liked to do it was do it all in one year (year 10) and then do it all again in year 11 to achieve a higher grade. Those people that got an A* first time round obviously didn't have to re do it, they did further maths instead but, those who got an A got a choice about whether they re sat GCSE for an A* or did further maths. Anyone with a B or less had to do it again!

Maths is my weakest subject, I'm not terrible at it it's just my weakest out of all others! My target grade set by the school for the end of year 11 was a B. After one year of studying GCSE maths I got that B grade!

So I'm pretty sure you would be able to do well in one year!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest