The Student Room Group

Bradford university child nursing 2014

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has applied for bradford university for child nursing. I have an interview on the 15th and received a place the next day, would be great to talk and find people on the same course 😄

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I've also applied for Bradford university for child nursing. My interview is on the 22nd so this Wednesday. I feel a little nervous. How did you find the interview? Congratulations on your offer :smile: They reply back really quickly didn't they
Reply 2
Original post by maha006
Hey, I've also applied for Bradford university for child nursing. My interview is on the 22nd so this Wednesday. I feel a little nervous. How did you find the interview? Congratulations on your offer :smile: They reply back really quickly didn't they

Thankyou, yeah I was so surprised at how fast they contacted me however I didn't get an email to say something had changed I just checked out of chance and it was there so keep checking after your interview!
hey just wandering what were your predicted grades (if u dont mind me asking) as my friend also got a place for this course?
Reply 4
Honestly don't be nervous the interview process is fine. You hand in your details and receive a name sticker, your then taken into a room for a presentation, then different lecturers come in and read names off a list when your name is called your taken along with around 6 others to a room where the interview takes place. Firstly there are 10 job roles on pieces of paper on the floor your asked to choose 3 job roles as a group you would get rid of and why, speak up they're looking for good communication skills. Once that is done you sit back down and there are 5 questions spread under the chairs, the person with the question under their chair reads it out and everyone answers in a group discussion. Once that is finished you can ask any questions you have them the interview is finished. The whole thing lasted around 2 hours :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by nadzworldz
hey just wandering what were your predicted grades (if u dont mind me asking) as my friend also got a place for this course?

I took a gap year so the grades I had were BBB at a-level
Original post by adeleleslie4
I took a gap year so the grades I had were BBB at a-level

ok thats cool :smile: do you know how many places there are for the course and did u have an interview? I applied for adult nursing but got rejected :frown: so i thought of using ucas extra or going for a gap year as u did.:smile:
Reply 7
Your welcome, I'll keep on checking my ucas account after the interview then. Thank you adele, that gave me a better insight of what the interview is going to be like :smile:
Reply 8
ok thats cool :smile: do you know how many places there are for the course and did u have an interview? I applied for adult nursing but got rejected :frown: so i thought of using ucas extra or going for a gap year as u did.:smile:

At bradford there's only 24 places this year, I've explained about the interview process above its a group interview not individual. I'd definitely reccomend. Gap year but if you can get in through ucas extra that's even better
At bradford there's only 24 places this year, I've explained about the interview process above its a group interview not individual. I'd definitely reccomend. Gap year but if you can get in through ucas extra that's even better
i have applied, but i got rejected for asult nursing I think it culd be beacues of my personal statment wasnt based on nursing as i didnt want to do it at that time, now i realise that i reallt want to do it =, do u think it is a good idea to apply through extra when i got rejected thank you:smile:
Reply 10
i have applied, but i got rejected for asult nursing I think it culd be beacues of my personal statment wasnt based on nursing as i didnt want to do it at that time, now i realise that i reallt want to do it =, do u think it is a good idea to apply through extra when i got rejected thank you:smile:

I would definitely recommend applying through extra if there are places available as it means you dont have to wait until a year later. Also keep your eyes open for universities with January intakes then ylu can get on the course quicker than waiting for sept 2015
I would definitely recommend applying through extra if there are places available as it means you dont have to wait until a year later. Also keep your eyes open for universities with January intakes then ylu can get on the course quicker than waiting for sept 2015
OK thanks for the advice do u think there will be any places in extra because i doubt there will be any places in clearing?
Reply 12
OK thanks for the advice do u think there will be any places in extra because i doubt there will be any places in clearing?

There is a good chance there will be because people get places then end up going somewhere else so that leaves open places, make sure you keep checking as soon and clearing and extra open and you'll have the best chance
There is a good chance there will be because people get places then end up going somewhere else so that leaves open places, make sure you keep checking as soon and clearing and extra open and you'll have the best chance
Thank you I will make sure that will happen I'm just worried that Nursing is competitive and they might not be left :confused:. Do u know if there are usually places in Bradford?:smile:
Reply 14
Thank you I will make sure that will happen I'm just worried that Nursing is competitive and they might not be left :confused:. Do u know if there are usually places in Bradford?:smile:

I'm not sure as I haven't applied through clearing or extra. Good luck for when you apply! :smile:
I'm not sure as I haven't applied through clearing or extra. Good luck for when you apply! :smile:
thnx:smile:
Reply 16
Have you heard from your interview?xx
Reply 17
Hi, I heard the day after having my interview to say I was successful.
When was your interview?
Reply 18
It was last wednesday.i dont think i did very well tho.do they let you know straight away if they would not want you?xx
Reply 19
Original post by Gobberts
It was last wednesday.i dont think i did very well tho.do they let you know straight away if they would not want you?xx

I'm not sure, I would check ucas everyday though as I didnt get an email to say something had changed and just checked and found it by chance.
I also think I found out so quick as I already have my qualifications as I took a gap year x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending