The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Anyone study music at UoB or have an offer to?

Hi all, I have an offer to study music at Birmingham, as well as all my other 4 choices, just wondering if anyone else has an offer or studies there and can give some insight, or if they have an offer, if you think you might firm it or not!
Reply 1
Original post by GreenNinja
Hi all, I have an offer to study music at Birmingham, as well as all my other 4 choices, just wondering if anyone else has an offer or studies there and can give some insight, or if they have an offer, if you think you might firm it or not!

Well done on your offer :smile: I've applied but don't reckon I'm going to get an offer haha! It's kind of a long shot really :P The course looks amazing though, especially with the links between the Birmingham Conservitoire :smile: Out of interest how long did they take to respond to you?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by bingbob
Well done on your offer :smile: I've applied but don't reckon I'm going to get an offer haha! It's kind of a long shot really :P The course looks amazing though, especially with the links between the Birmingham Conservitoire :smile: Out of interest how long did they take to respond to you?

Ah - well you never know, my AS grades were ridiculous but I still got an offer so just hold tight you never know! :smile: Yes very good isn't it! Umm I applied the end of the November, and I had my offer about 10 days before Christmas :smile:
Reply 3
Ah - well you never know, my AS grades were ridiculous but I still got an offer so just hold tight you never know! :smile: Yes very good isn't it! Umm I applied the end of the November, and I had my offer about 10 days before Christmas :smile:

Haha that's alright isn't it! :tongue: They must have really liked you :smile: Ahh not too long then, I've been waiting since 17th December but I just need to somehow be patient :rolleyes: Did they offer you either AAA or AAB?
Reply 4
Original post by bingbob
Haha that's alright isn't it! :tongue: They must have really liked you :smile: Ahh not too long then, I've been waiting since 17th December but I just need to somehow be patient :rolleyes: Did they offer you either AAA or AAB?

ah well I wouldn't worry then as that was very close to Christmas! Ah they offered me AAB with A in music, I didn't realise they gave AAA offers? :O hehe
Reply 5
ah well I wouldn't worry then as that was very close to Christmas! Ah they offered me AAB with A in music, I didn't realise they gave AAA offers? :O hehe

True! Ahh that's really good, on the website I'm sure it said AAB-AAA!
Reply 6
Original post by bingbob
True! Ahh that's really good, on the website I'm sure it said AAB-AAA!

Ah I think you're right actually! I guess I'm happy to receive an AAB offer then! Any updates with yours?
Reply 7
Ah I think you're right actually! I guess I'm happy to receive an AAB offer then! Any updates with yours?

Haha you should be! :tongue: No nothing unfortunately, hope they haven't forgotten about me! :rolleyes:
Reply 8
Original post by bingbob
Haha you should be! :tongue: No nothing unfortunately, hope they haven't forgotten about me! :rolleyes:

Ha I wouldn't worry about it, I'm still waiting to hear back from one of my unis!
Reply 9
Anyone else? :wink:
Anyone else? :wink:

Congrats on your offer! I have an offer and I'm pretty sure I'm going to put it as firm after the visit day yesterday. However, i still have other unis to visit! Also, there are some negative reviews of the uni and it's music course on here, problems that weren't evident when I visited... Food for thought!

good luck in making a decision!
Reply 11
Original post by ������������������
Congrats on your offer! I have an offer and I'm pretty sure I'm going to put it as firm after the visit day yesterday. However, i still have other unis to visit! Also, there are some negative reviews of the uni and it's music course on here, problems that weren't evident when I visited... Food for thought!

good luck in making a decision!

I too noticed this! Having said that when I visited it seems they have updated the course slightly from when I visited the year before (more contact-hours and study for a year abroad was what I noticed) so I'm hoping they are taking steps to improve things, although I'm sure things really aren't that bad there anyway!
I just love Birmingham uni and the city on the whole, so will probably be firming Brum!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending