FrancisSin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Curious as I've applied and been given an offer.
thechibi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It depends on what you mean by a 'good uni'. What means good to you? A well regarded program? Good graduate employment rates? Busy night life? Quiet night life?

It is a smaller campus, so if you wanted a giant one, that's right out for one.
FrancisSin
Rep:
?
Huh
FrancisSin
Rep:
?
(Original post by thechibi)
It depends on what you mean by a 'good uni'. What means good to you? A well regarded program? Good graduate employment rates? Busy night life? Quiet night life?

It is a smaller campus, so if you wanted a giant one, that's right out for one.
As in, does it have a good reputation? Good graduate prospects? Student satisfaction?
oneironaut
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We're number 2 for Student Satisfaction (UEA being 1) and just about in the top 40, number 39 I believe. But hey, still top 40!
polscistudent88
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Much depends also on the specific course (different depts, different rankings/reputation)
DIN-NARYU-FARORE
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
no
SQ918
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not the best for Nursing
Sollom
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is it good for Law?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Valiant4truth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Given the reasons why Marina Warner resigned from the faculty, as detailed in the London Review of Books, the answerr must be no, it is run by bullies who do not care about education.
Sollom
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is it so ? OMG!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sollom
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes, Marina Warner made it clear in an interview that the University is only aiming at Profit Maximising. "overcrowded classes, inflexible timetables " etc are some of signs of criticism openly disclosed by the famous writer.

Really a shame to the University.

I was considering studying Law at this University but now I am totally clueless about what to do

Can anyone help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Clinton1994
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It really doesn't matter what the school has turned into. It's all about your determination to learn and bring out the best in your self
Sollom
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What do you mean by Joke ? Should I really decline the offer as soon as possible because I am very serious about joining a good Law School.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sollom
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE)
is your first language english?
can you read powerpoints?

Then if you do law at essex, a first is quite easy to obtain

Academic integrity= none, but at least they have a law fair

Well, I reckon that a first is first. No matter how its attained. And the Law fair is an excellent opportunity to grab a job.

Its perfect for me.

By the way, what were your A level grades? Mine are ABB. Do you think Essex Law course is at par with my grades ?

I also have an offer from Bangor University.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sollom
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
[QUOTE=DIN-NARYU-FARORE;50412109]My alevels were below AAB, but im on a first and i hand in all my essays last minute like a joker. still get firsts

The uni is a joke but if you make the contacts whilst youre there you can land a decent job afterwards. still only 40% are in a professional role after graduation[/QUOTE

Thanks for being so helpful with your reviews about the University. I also have an offer from Bangor University , do you think they are better than Essex?
DIN-NARYU-FARORE
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
[QUOTE=Sollom;50414971]
(Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE)
My alevels were below AAB, but im on a first and i hand in all my essays last minute like a joker. still get firsts

The uni is a joke but if you make the contacts whilst youre there you can land a decent job afterwards. still only 40% are in a professional role after graduation[/QUOTE

Thanks for being so helpful with your reviews about the University. I also have an offer from Bangor University , do you think they are better than Essex?
No idea if bangor is good ask students from there but i think they have a better employability rate
Sollom
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
[QUOTE=DIN-NARYU-FARORE;50426435]
(Original post by Sollom)

No idea if bangor is good ask students from there but i think they have a better employability rate
Which LLB course are you studying? Is it straight Law or Law with Placement ?

Are the classes crowded? are there loads of International students in Law ?
Sollom
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
[QUOTE=DIN-NARYU-FARORE;50427675]
(Original post by Sollom)

im doing straight law

some classes are very crowded. from what i can see About a third of law students are british

is classes are too crowded then how do you manage to clear your doubts ? Do you get enough support from your teachers?

Unfortunately, I applied during clearing and didn't get time to visit University for open day. What are your future plans? Looking at how competitive the legal Market is , I am quite anxious joining the course.
Sollom
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
[QUOTE=Sollom;50428033][QUOTE=DIN-NARYU-FARORE;50427675]

if classes are too crowded then how do you manage to clear your doubts ? Do you get enough support from your teachers?

Unfortunately, I applied during clearing and didn't get time to visit University for open day. What are your future plans? Looking at how competitive the legal Market is , I am quite anxious joining the course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Essex
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
6.6%
They might tell the bully (29)
10.07%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (106)
36.81%
There's nothing they could do (90)
31.25%

Watched Threads

Latest