University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Is Essex a good uni to go too?

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="Sollom;50428033"]
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE

is classes are too crowded then how do you manage to clear your doubts ? Do you get enough support from your teachers?

Unfortunately, I applied during clearing and didn't get time to visit University for open day. What are your future plans? Looking at how competitive the legal Market is , I am quite anxious joining the course.

Im not passionate about law and the course has not instilled passion into me either. My plan is to get any secure job with decent promotion prospects. if you want to get to a top law firm, you need AAB but that'll probably go up to AAA by the time youve done your LPC. if you have those grades, go to a different uni; prestige still matters
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 21
Well, I have an offer to go to Liverpool University but that's for 2015.

Pal, I also want a decent job whether it be in a law firm or anywhere. I just want a £20000 - 23000.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="DIN-NARYU-FARORE;50426435"]
Original post by Sollom

No idea if bangor is good ask students from there but i think they have a better employability rate

I'm at Bangor and I love it. I honestly don't think I could be anywhere else, they are so supportive of students, and there are really good prospects post-graduation.
Reply 23
[QUOTE="EloiseStar;50428463"]

I'm at Bangor and I love it. I honestly don't think I could be anywhere else, they are so supportive of students, and there are really good prospects post-graduation.

Thanks for your review.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sollom

Pal, I also want a decent job whether it be in a law firm or anywhere. I just want a £20000 - 23000.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here. give me the money and leave me to my video games. Thestruggleisreal
Reply 25
Same here. give me the money and leave me to my video games. Thestruggleisreal

Well , in my case I have ABB at A-levels. Good University offers however job market in the UK is so saturated that everyday I am loosing the hope of a decent Career.

I don't want to be jobless after 6 months of graduation as my parents are not rich nor is Our Government!
Original post by Sollom
Well , in my case I have ABB at A-levels. Good University offers however job market in the UK is so saturated that everyday I am loosing the hope of a decent Career.

I don't want to be jobless after 6 months of graduation as my parents are not rich nor is Our Government!

Same here
Reply 27
Same here

Hi, I have very less time to start Uni. Could you tell me how supportive the teachers are , please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sollom
Hi, I have very less time to start Uni. Could you tell me how supportive the teachers are , please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

support is alright, although most of the work will have to come from you and your own common sense
I am currently studying at the University of Essex 2 years now, and these were the most incredible years so far :smile: high level of education and full of opportunities! Essex and proud :smile: :u:
Reply 30
Original post by andriana16
I am currently studying at the University of Essex 2 years now, and these were the most incredible years so far :smile: high level of education and full of opportunities! Essex and proud :smile: :u:

What course are you studying? I'm interested in studying Law.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anybody who has experience studying at the university tell about what they think of the university? I live outside UK and missed an open day. How good is the support from teachers, how is the area where the university is, how is the standard of the students that study there, is the university good for computer science or computer games programming?
Original post by Sollom

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow I thought that accounting was bad! Big 4 pay 29k for first 3 years then 45k after.
It is reputable for social science subjects like Politics and Sociology.

Other departments are ...meh, I don't really know. I rejected 4 top 15 universities to go there mainly because the Politics course is absolutely amazing there. I loved it all. :smile:
im due to start the business studies course in jan (however it is online) so il give you my input shortly after :smile:
Original post by Valiant4truth
Given the reasons why Marina Warner resigned from the faculty, as detailed in the London Review of Books, the answerr must be no, it is run by bullies who do not care about education.

How so? Any specific examples?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending