The Student Room Group

Chronic procrastination.

As i write this, i am procrastinating. I have an exam tomorrow, which although i have planned plenty of time to prepare for and put other things out of the way to do so. I have hardly revised for it. The more i try to make myself study for it, the harder it is to make myself do it. Especially the closer i get to my exam, up until a certain point where i just jump into action and suddenly i can study again, but until that point its already too late and it's been like this for a while and it only gets worse after each set of exams. I doubt i'll get through to the next year of uni like this, it happens every time and only ever gets worse. I feel like it's futile to even try anymore, until i get my pressure kicks hours before the exam.

Do i need to see a therapist? Is there something wrong with me? I feel like i'm the only person in the world like this, it doesn't feel right. Why would i not want to study right now, i know i have to. But it's like every fibre in my body doesn't want to and i feel really guilty about it, I know i should be doing some work right now, but i just can't. As soon as i start, i can feel myself drifting off and i feel like i can't control it, this can't be normal. It just doesn't make any sense! I have a history of depression, if that relevant, but i dont have it anymore.
Reply 1
bump
Original post by 4RealBlud
As i write this, i am procrastinating. I have an exam tomorrow, which although i have planned plenty of time to prepare for and put other things out of the way to do so. I have hardly revised for it. The more i try to make myself study for it, the harder it is to make myself do it. Especially the closer i get to my exam, up until a certain point where i just jump into action and suddenly i can study again, but until that point its already too late and it's been like this for a while and it only gets worse after each set of exams. I doubt i'll get through to the next year of uni like this, it happens every time and only ever gets worse. I feel like it's futile to even try anymore, until i get my pressure kicks hours before the exam.

Do i need to see a therapist? Is there something wrong with me? I feel like i'm the only person in the world like this, it doesn't feel right. Why would i not want to study right now, i know i have to. But it's like every fibre in my body doesn't want to and i feel really guilty about it, I know i should be doing some work right now, but i just can't. As soon as i start, i can feel myself drifting off and i feel like i can't control it, this can't be normal. It just doesn't make any sense! I have a history of depression, if that relevant, but i dont have it anymore.

You sound like me (bar the history of depression) :redface: I think this is pretty normal tbh :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh, chronic procrastination, a condition believed to have originated in the forums of TSR ca. 2001
I feel like this too and I know I need to fix up because you can get away with procrastinating more than revising for GCSE but NOT A Level.
Reply 5
Original post by Kandybars
I feel like this too and I know I need to fix up because you can get away with procrastinating more than revising for GCSE but NOT A Level.

Exactly, that's what's so alarming. Try an engineering degree.
Reply 6
I do this too mainly when I syke myself up about it too much by getting worried about how little I've done. Get rid of anything else that sounds interesting and then you'll see revision is the only thing left for you to do. Try and motivate yourself by thinking of how important it is, if you're going to uni, keep remembering how lovely it is and how you want to go, you can't if you don't revise. Also maye reward yourself when you've done some revision, like an hour or so. Bubblegum juice is working a a reward for me ;D

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending