aNewBeginning
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
just wanted to make a thread for the ucl physics hopefulls/offer holders. hope i'm not the only one waiting to hear back from them (although i did apply as late as early january). would be a brilliant university to study at!
TheNegis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi! Don't worry, I applied for Theoretical Physics there back in October and I still haven't heard back from them, I don't think anyone has!
physicsbook
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've not heard back from them either, they're pretty popular (I think) so I guess they take their time giving offers to applicants.
mynameistessa
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I applied for Theoretical Physics too and have the same treatment (((((((( Don't the last rejections usually take place in March? I'm preparing myself to be honest haha
aNewBeginning
Rep:
?
(Original post by mynameistessa)
I applied for Theoretical Physics too and have the same treatment (((((((( Don't the last rejections usually take place in March? I'm preparing myself to be honest haha
where did you hear that?
physicsbook
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think the majority of people whether you're getting a rejection or an offer hear back from UCL in March. A lot of people from past years have said that they didn't get offers until then.

UCL is a very popular university with it being in London and all, and I guess they have a lot of people to sort through and think about so the process of deciding who to give offers to will take longer for them than it will for other uni's but just because they're taking their time to get back to you (and me and lots of other people too) doesn't necessarily mean that you are going to get a rejection.
mynameistessa
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by physicsbook)
I think the majority of people whether you're getting a rejection or an offer hear back from UCL in March. A lot of people from past years have said that they didn't get offers until then.

UCL is a very popular university with it being in London and all, and I guess they have a lot of people to sort through and think about so the process of deciding who to give offers to will take longer for them than it will for other uni's but just because they're taking their time to get back to you (and me and lots of other people too) doesn't necessarily mean that you are going to get a rejection.
Thanks for that, made me feel better. :-)
alow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Someone on the stalking page has an offer. I'm pretty sure a few other people have too.
Spartacûs
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have any of you had open day invitations? I heard rumors that it's basically an offer, reckon that's true? Also I can't login to my portal, did we have to fill out a questionaire for Theoretical physics or was that just for other subjects?
physicsbook
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks for that, made me feel better. :-)
Just try not to stress, they have your application and sooner or later they will have to give you a reply to it. (:

UCL get over 900 applicants for physics (according to the website) so its a lot of people to consider~

I'm sure you'll be fine, good luck with your application!!
physicsbook
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by hellogo467)
Haha, I think it's a way to get a better general idea of your chances
It is a nice indication of how little I have appeared to have done in life compared to other people my age.

I mean one person went to summer school in America to two universities?!!?? and another has 5 Sci-Fi books published!!???

D:
TheNegis
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've just received an offer for Theoretical Physics, AAB! I think they're sending out a lot now, my friend got an offer for straight Physics last week and another got rejected yesterday as well. So I'm guessing people are going to hear back pretty soon!
I've only had it updated on UCAS track and not received any email from UCL yet, although it was only about 5 minutes ago so they may send one soon. My friend who got the offer for straight Physics had that thing where he was invited up to UCL for a sort of open day/interview and they'd only officially give him the offer once he had been, although because we live pretty far away you have the option not to go and still get an offer. I'm guessing that doesn't apply to Theoretical Physicists though, maybe there's less to show us as we are the ones who don't like lab haha!

Good luck to all of you!
LauraDG
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I received my offer for Theoretical Physics (AAB) at the beginning of December. When did you all submit your applications?
I was invited to a visit day too (sneaky interview name!) but I said I couldn't come and they were fine with it
aNewBeginning
Rep:
?
(Original post by LauraDG)
I received my offer for Theoretical Physics (AAB) at the beginning of December. When did you all submit your applications?
I was invited to a visit day too (sneaky interview name!) but I said I couldn't come and they were fine with it
I applied in early January so I guess it won't have been seen yet
aNewBeginning
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheNegis)
I've just received an offer for Theoretical Physics, AAB! I think they're sending out a lot now, my friend got an offer for straight Physics last week and another got rejected yesterday as well. So I'm guessing people are going to hear back pretty soon!
I've only had it updated on UCAS track and not received any email from UCL yet, although it was only about 5 minutes ago so they may send one soon. My friend who got the offer for straight Physics had that thing where he was invited up to UCL for a sort of open day/interview and they'd only officially give him the offer once he had been, although because we live pretty far away you have the option not to go and still get an offer. I'm guessing that doesn't apply to Theoretical Physicists though, maybe there's less to show us as we are the ones who don't like lab haha!

Good luck to all of you!
congratulations!
Pliskin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sent away my ucas application on the 14th of January and received my offer a few days ago (AAB at Advanced Higher), quite excited tbh (scottish applicant), I didn't get an interview or open day thing either, so does anyone know if we get invited for open day to look about, like offer holder day or anything?
physicsbook
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well done to those who have offers!

UCL have been in contact with my college asking for some information (my circumstances are a little different) so at least I know I haven't been forgotten haha!
ZNU
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I sent off my application late November, and they got back to me on 13th Jan. I had to attend an open day two weeks ago, but they finally got back to me today with an AAB offer for MPhys Physics. I wouldn't worry as it seems all the London Unis take their time (still haven't heard from Kings and Imperial took slightly longer than UCL). Good luck to you all!
Anita.V
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hey guys,

there's now a Facebook group for UCL offer holders 2014/15

https://www.facebook.com/groups/517810891670556/
mynameistessa
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Im going to an open day on the 26th next week and I hate interviews can someone give me some advice!!!! I'm working full time at this ice cream place so I dont have much time to prepare D:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (589)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.5%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
20%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads