The Student Room Group

Help choosing between Business Management and Marketing!

^Title

Can anyone vouche for either subjects :smile:?
I've got marketing as a module in my course, and I personally find it aaaawful. So much stuff! If you've got an interest then it may be better.
Business management means you'd be able to get a career in just about any management situation, which could prove handy, whereas marketing is a little more restrictive & you could end up working in sales (where most people who do marketing start)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by peedie pixie
I've got marketing as a module in my course, and I personally find it aaaawful. So much stuff! If you've got an interest then it may be better.
Business management means you'd be able to get a career in just about any management situation, which could prove handy, whereas marketing is a little more restrictive & you could end up working in sales (where most people who do marketing start)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the input!
Good to hear from someone who has done a module etc.
Reply 3
Hi :smile:
Im a 2nd year student of Bsc Business Management with HRM and I studied last year Bsc Business management with Marketing. Here's my personal opinion/experience. I applied for Business management with Marketing but I was not too sure as I had never studied marketing before. I found it quite interesting but I definitely preferred HR that's why I changed course. Actually it was not a problem as I could change course during my second year and the subjects of the first one were all the same for all the Bsc business management courses so I didnt have to resit any of the exams or didnt have to do any extra modules. Marketing it's interesting but you really need to be passionate about it and also think about the type of career you want to have afterwards... Where do you wana be in 10 years time?As marketing it's such a broad subject but it kinda narrow your job prospective while business management it includes almost anything that is business-related.
Here the link of the Marketing courses at university, you might want to read the courses description and also you can search for other courses such as Business management
http://www.brighton.ac.uk/courses/search/go/?option=1&page=1&searchTerm=BA+marketing&study=U&attendance=1&submit.x=28&submit.y=17&submit=submit

hope that's help and good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending