alexiam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've recently been thinking about what I want to do in the future. Anyone have any information about any good law courses? and should the long process to become a lawyer put me off?
Doc.Daneeka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's hardly a long process. If you're studying English law then it's 3 years of an LLB(Hons) and then a year of LPC/BPTC before you begin working (assuming all goes well). If you're studying Scottish law then it's 4 years of an LLB(Hons) and then a year of the DPLP before you begin working (again, assuming all goes well). Most other professional careers take 4+ years so law is not any worse than others.
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by alexiam)
I've recently been thinking about what I want to do in the future. Anyone have any information about any good law courses? and should the long process to become a lawyer put me off?
No. What should make you think about whether you want to do this, is the proportion of people who start out wanting to be lawyers but not achieve it. Probably about one in five people who enters a law school to read law at university (and I would say that there are few people on enrolment day who don't want to be lawyers) ever becomes a lawyer.
Capn cas
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by nulli tertius)
No. What should make you think about whether you want to do this, is the proportion of people who start out wanting to be lawyers but not achieve it. Probably about one in five people who enters a law school to read law at university (and I would say that there are few people on enrolment day who don't want to be lawyers) ever becomes a lawyer.
I'd suggest similar advice: as a final year law student myself, I can vouch for how many people who, when we entered law school wanted to become a lawyer of some variant and NOW, at the end of the undergraduate road simply can't be asked. The TC search, the assessment centers, the LPC/BPTC, the two years department rotation. Gahhhh *exasperated*
You can do a different subject then convert? That might maintain your interest levels should you pursue law OP.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (658)
33.5%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (834)
42.46%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (383)
19.5%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed