Skiing/Snowboarding Thread!

Watch
confused_101
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I haven't been able to find one so here goes.

share your trials and tribulations of your snowy days. How long have you been skiing/boarding? Most epic moment? Favourite place to hit the slopes? Have you ever done a season? What is your skiing/boarding dream? Any idols?

Basically, post anything ski/board related cause, as we all know, it's one of the best sports around!
McNab
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Took up snowboarding a couple of years ago, but struggle to find time alongside my studies (as well as money).

Went to the Milton Keyenes and Hemel Hempstead indoor slopes a few times with my brother, but hes been in Australia for the last few months, and I hate going by myself - much prefer it as a social sport. None of my friends seem that interested, but a few are going on a skiing trip later this year to learn how to do it, so hopefully they will enjoy it and I will have a group of mates who are fellow snow enthusiasts.

As a "dream" I would love to go to Snowbombing one day with a group of people, or even the winter olympics and/or X-Games.

As for idols... I don't know if I have one really...
confused_101
Rep:
?
(Original post by McNab)
Took up snowboarding a couple of years ago, but struggle to find time alongside my studies (as well as money).

Went to the Milton Keyenes and Hemel Hempstead indoor slopes a few times with my brother, but hes been in Australia for the last few months, and I hate going by myself - much prefer it as a social sport. None of my friends seem that interested, but a few are going on a skiing trip later this year to learn how to do it, so hopefully they will enjoy it and I will have a group of mates who are fellow snow enthusiasts.

As a "dream" I would love to go to Snowbombing one day with a group of people, or even the winter olympics and/or X-Games.

As for idols... I don't know if I have one really...
I've never been on the dry slopes before. Is it nice at all or should i not even bother attempting??

oooh the X Games would be awesome. Are you going to be following Sochi?
McNab
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by confused_101)
I've never been on the dry slopes before. Is it nice at all or should i not even bother attempting??

oooh the X Games would be awesome. Are you going to be following Sochi?
Hemel and MK aren't dry slopes, they are indoor man made snow slopes, about as close as you can get to the real thing.

I will be following Sochi, love the Winter Olympics
martin jol
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
YEAHHHHHH SNOWBOARDING THREAD and skiing

where's the best place everyone's been?

for me it's banff, canada. got so lucky with the snow it was insaaaaaane. choice of two massive ski areas (sunshine village or lake louise) infinite mountain and trees to explore plus some awesome parks. id love to get over there for a season sometime soon.

snowboarding :adore::adore::cool:
martin jol
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by confused_101)
Any idols?
Kevin Pearce

Watch the movie The Crash Reel (can watch free online via dodgy means)

Also Torstein Horgmo, Sage Kotsenburg, Danny Davis, Terje, Halldor Helgason ETC.

Legends.

Shaun White can piss off
confused_101
Rep:
?
(Original post by martin jol)
YEAHHHHHH SNOWBOARDING THREAD and skiing

where's the best place everyone's been?

for me it's banff, canada. got so lucky with the snow it was insaaaaaane. choice of two massive ski areas (sunshine village or lake louise) infinite mountain and trees to explore plus some awesome parks. id love to get over there for a season sometime soon.

snowboarding :adore::adore::cool:
I LOVED LOVED LOVED banff!!! it was awesome. The off piste doesnt even compare to europe. I do love skiing in austria tho, everyone is so nice and the pistes are pretty good. Would love to ski at breakenridge at some point!

Kevin Pearce

Also Torstein Horgmo, Sage Kotsenburg, Danny Davis, Terje, Halldor Helgason ETC.

Legends.

Shaun White can piss off
I'm not a boarder, but i love torstein, he's hilairous. As for shaun white... ppfff boarders in skinny trousers. No! not a huge fan. I'm all for the chilled fun vibe
ValkyrieRaven
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm a skier but love watching both and will be giving snowboarding a go at some point... currently on a physio regime for displaced kneecaps, going to Austria straight after I break up for xmas! lots of hard work needed.
Only been to Europe, off to Lapland for new year too as a once in a life time treat with my mum and my partner... some skiing but also lots of other activities.
Never been able to afford Canada but would love to go! I too love Austria, had some amazing times there. I'm currently stuck right between Xscape Castleford and Chill Factore manchester, Xscape is easier by train but both are easy for my partner to drive us to.
Nothing chills me out like escaping to the mountains and skiing, best therapy ever, sadly more expensive than anti-depressants!
daisystones
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm dying to try snowboarding!!! Tempted to ask for lessons at XScape for Christmas, has anyone had any experience of them and can tell me if they're any good?

So glad to have found this thread!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah dude
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Is this true? A place with actual snowboarders on this actually forum? Maybe I'm high on smack again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah dude
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Kevin Pearce

Legends.

Shaun White can piss off
Sage kotsenburg

Shaun White fanboys will surely come

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (15)
11.03%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (87)
63.97%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (18)
13.24%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (13)
9.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (3)
2.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise