The Student Room Group

Please anyone is OK tell me How GREAT Britain is.

To wake me up and motivate me to learn English. I almost want to give it up.

PS I'm a international student. My English grade will decide whether I could go to UK. T T

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
we have a wonderful Queen and the Royal Family. we adore Chinese Food as well !!
Reply 2
Britain is awesome. The universities are great. Though the weather can be downright depressing.
Original post by WOODEN_HW
To wake me up and motivate me to learn English. I almost want to give it up.

PS I'm a international student. My English grade will decide whether I could go to UK. T T

Considering you write with a higher degree of literacy than most people on the internet do, I'd say you'll be fine!
Reply 4
Original post by the bear
we have a wonderful Queen and the Royal Family. we adore Chinese Food as well !!

Someone told me, If you went there, don't forget bring more bags of dumpling.' And don't ask why you will know it!!'
Reply 5
Someone told me, If you went there, don't forget bring more bags of dumpling.' And don't ask why you will know it!!'

i guess they mean that our dumplings are not good enough :mad::mad:

hehehe i like sweet and sour pork
Reply 6
Original post by mikeyd85
Considering you write with a higher degree of literacy than most people on the internet do, I'd say you'll be fine!

Thank u!! Why don't you share me the best place in Britain you know. If I could go to there, I want to enjoy the country!
Reply 7
Not that amazing outside of London,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by mikeyd85

i'd want to listen to how he speaks
Thank u!! Why don't you share me the best place in Britain you know. If I could go to there, I want to enjoy the country!

For me, North Yorkshire is the best place in Britain. It's full of beautiful countryside and quintessentially British towns. It's like going back in history in places like York and Harrogate.
Reply 10
were better than the rest of Europe :smile: at almost everything except football
Reply 11
The ladies here will do most things if you give them a bag of prawn crackers.
Reply 12
Original post by cyxstudio
i'd want to listen to how he speaks

Don't let me scare you. DO you want to have a try? It will haunt your dream.

:biggrin:
Reply 13
If you're coming here I wouldn't recommend stepping out of London. London is pretty awesome though.
Don't let me scare you. DO you want to have a try? It will haunt your dream.

:biggrin:

你真是杭州人?
Reply 15
i guess they mean that our dumplings are not good enough :mad::mad:

hehehe i like sweet and sour pork

hahaha, don't you think all the Chinese food are same? Just put food together in the pan, and some water, some sugar, some salt,and so forth. Then heat them until they are cooked! It's easy. Maybe you could have a try tonight.
Reply 16
hahaha, don't you think all the Chinese food are same? Just put food together in the pan, and some water, some sugar, some salt,and so forth. Then heat them until they are cooked! It's easy. Maybe you could have a try tonight.

hehehe i appreciate that there are subtle regional difference is Chinese Cuisine. For instance crispy seaweed in Manchester has a much smokier flavor than in Leeds.
Reply 17
Original post by HashimKF
If you're coming here I wouldn't recommend stepping out of London. London is pretty awesome though.

Like the beginning of SHERLOCK?
Reply 18
hehehe i appreciate that there are subtle regional difference is Chinese Cuisine. For instance crispy seaweed in Manchester has a much smokier flavor than in Leeds.

ye, Chinese food is amazing, i don't know whether could i adapt to British food. Maybe dumplings were invited for somebody need to leave home for a long trip. It's convenient to bring and cook! Taste of home?
Reply 19
Original post by cyxstudio
你真是杭州人?

可以么?

Quick Reply

Latest