The Student Room Group

Environmental Science Degree?

Asking those who've had experience in this field, or have taken this course before ~ I would like to study Geology, but the University that I plan on going to doesn't offer that course, the closest course to Geology I can find is Environmental Sciences. I was just wondering if this is similar to the study of Geology? I'm specifically talking about the study of Volcanoes, Earthquakes etc. If not then is there a chance to take a Geology pathway after I have completed the degree? Thanks.
Reply 2
Original post by Hoenn
Asking those who've had experience in this field, or have taken this course before ~ I would like to study Geology, but the University that I plan on going to doesn't offer that course, the closest course to Geology I can find is Environmental Sciences. I was just wondering if this is similar to the study of Geology? I'm specifically talking about the study of Volcanoes, Earthquakes etc. If not then is there a chance to take a Geology pathway after I have completed the degree? Thanks.

Have you checked the modules available in this degree course? You should be able to find some detailed information on the university's website about what is involved in the course. That should give you a good enough idea of whether or not the course covers areas of interest to you.
Reply 3
Which university is that?
Some courses allow you to take geology modules. University of Brighton has a course for environmental geology.
Physical geography or geology courses are your best bet if you want to narrow yourself to geology. Environmental science is very broad which is why I want to study it.
I know that the degree I'm starting in Sept at Bangor is Environmental Science but I can take modules about volcanoes and earthquakes etc. The course seems to link across a number of schools at the Uni; Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Ocean Sciences & Environment & Natural Resources.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending