The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Mental Health Nursing 2014

Hi :smile: has anyone applied to do Mental Health Nursing at Nottingham University starting 2014? If so have you had any feedback or been to an interview?

Many thanks
Hannah :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by hannahbrockway
Hi :smile: has anyone applied to do Mental Health Nursing at Nottingham University starting 2014? If so have you had any feedback or been to an interview?

Many thanks
Hannah :smile:

Hi Hannah, how are you doing? Have you had an interview at all? if so, how did it go?

You can ask questions like yours in the different forums more specific to what you're looking for, so check out the Health and Nursing forum- I hope this helps.

If you have any questions, then get in touch. For now, Welcome to The Student Room! :biggrin:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I received an interview date for Mental Health nursing at Nottingham today, I'd like to hear about the interview experience there as well.
I read the information they sent in the email and it doesn't sound too bad, there is no talk of a English or maths test, that some uni's are taking out with applicants.
Reply 3
Congratulations :smile: that's great news. I haven't heard anything back from any of my 5 choices. When is your date? One of my lecturers said to be aware of recent issues in the news that involve mental health, not sure if its true but might help :smile:
Reply 4
Hi :smile: no I haven't had an interview, I was wondering if anyone else had so I could get tips on what to expect, my first choice is Nottingham :smile:
Reply 5
Congratulations :smile: that's great news. I haven't heard anything back from any of my 5 choices. When is your date? One of my lecturers said to be aware of recent issues in the news that involve mental health, not sure if its true but might help :smile:

My interview is the 2nd April, which is quite late I think.
Information I received today from Nottingham is this - http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/healthsciences/undergraduate/nursing-courses/selection-process.aspx - which may help you

I've had an interview at Teesside Uni and one at Northumbria tomorrow.
Main questions are basic really
- Why you want to study mental health nursing?
- Skills you feel you have that would support your career?
- What are you're strengths and weaknesses?
- How would you deal with a difficult situation?
- Have you read anything recently in the news relating to mental health? - great story released today about a new strategy to stop discrimination and stigma related to mental health issues. Main aim is to stop inequalities between physical and mental health - as they are equally as important
Reply 6
Aww brilliant :smile: thanks, which uni is your first choice? Did you just apply to 3? My dad lives in Skelton near Teesside, it's quite a quite place I think, if that's the Teesside your talking about. What made you want to do mental health? Lol I sound like I'm interviewing you :smile:
Well happy for your interview :smile:
I applied to Nottingham for mental health nursing, not heard anything back yet though, when did you put in your application holleyj7?
Reply 8
I put mine in a few weeks before Christmas, a lot of my friends at college still haven't heard anything either, I've been told no news is good news so far. Fingers crossed for you :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by sillymoo1990
I applied to Nottingham for mental health nursing, not heard anything back yet though, when did you put in your application holleyj7?

I submitted my application in November, Nottingham was the last to reply of all 5
Reply 10
Aww brilliant :smile: thanks, which uni is your first choice? Did you just apply to 3? My dad lives in Skelton near Teesside, it's quite a quite place I think, if that's the Teesside your talking about. What made you want to do mental health? Lol I sound like I'm interviewing you :smile:
Well happy for your interview :smile:

I applied for 5 - Northumbria, Leeds met, Nottingham, Teesside and Sheffield Hallam (order of preference)

I have a few reasons why I want to be a mental health nurse. Most of my family work in the health service , my fathers a mental health nurse, my mothers a general nurse etc.. Over the years I became interested in health because it was always a topic of conversation
I decided to take all sciences at school and health and social care, in year 11. I decided I wanted to be a nurse and took the extended diploma in health and social care at college because I knew I'd need the experience to get onto a nursing degree. I did experience placements in mental health settings and decided that's what I wanted to do
(edited 10 years ago)
I have an interview for Notts on 5 February! I don't think there are tests! X
Original post by sophiebroady
I have an interview for Notts on 5 February! I don't think there are tests! X

Hey, good luck. when did you put in your application? and when did they offer you the interview? well nervous. not heard anything back from any of my choices yet and its been 4 weeks.
Reply 13
Congratulations! Tell us how it went after? :smile:
Reply 14
Hi, I heard from them a few weeks back that I have an interview for Nottingham on the 19th March.

I've had 3 interviews already and another one coming up this week so that will be a very long wait as it's the only one I'm waiting for :smile:

I sent my application off in November and out of the 5 I applied to, they were the last that got back to me.. Almost 5 weeks after everyone else :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nottingham took a while to get back to me! At least 6 weeks! Il let you know how it goes! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an email today saying that my application has been considered by the admissions team and has now been passed onto the School of Health Sciences for the next stage of the admissions process. Did you guys who already have interviews get this email and if you did, how soon after did they offer you the interview?
Reply 17
Original post by sillymoo1990
I got an email today saying that my application has been considered by the admissions team and has now been passed onto the School of Health Sciences for the next stage of the admissions process. Did you guys who already have interviews get this email and if you did, how soon after did they offer you the interview?

I received that email on the 3/1/14. Then I got the invitation for an interview on the 20/1/14. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
gosh, its taken them 4 weeks to send me that. I hope I'm not waiting another 2 and half weeks. Thanks
Had my interview for Notts on wed..... Got an offer thurs!!! Whooooo xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending