AQA AS-level Sociology: Unit 1 - Families and Households [Demography questions] Watch

mark7694
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have a few queries related to a potential demography-based essay question in this summers SCLY1 exam.

Firstly, is it possible for migration to come up as an essay? If so, what would its structure be?

Secondly, is it possible for births or deaths to come as single essay questions, or are they more likely to appear in the form they do as example questions in Rob Webb's Sociology textbook where they're included in the same question?
TSR Learn Together
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
aydob001
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I couldnt see one based on migration, however birth rates and death rates may appear. But usually, some demography questions bring in a range of other topics like marriage, cohabitation etc.
SeanToBeWild
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't believe demography has come up for a while.

Defiantly revise it well. Migration would link in immigration. It could be "Using Item X, Assess the claim that there has been an increase in migration". Anything that is in the syllabus or in your textbook, REVISE (unless its not the section you are answering).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.89%
No - I got the required grades (105)
58.33%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed