Turn on thread page Beta

true friend or just a tosser? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Was going to go on a holiday with a bunch of friends. I pulled out last minute. My friend said I had to pay him 40quid because his dad booked the ferry for his 18th birthday...I just gave him the 40 pound as I couldn't be bothered listening to him gurn.

I was in the car with a bunch of friends on our way to a nightclub...we wanted to get there before 11pm so we could get free entry, theres a shop beside the night club which we passed at ten to eleven..but the friend (who wasnt driving). Said if we stopped at the shop he was going to talk to me the whole night...when we got out of the car he had a little ***** fit and started on me...I pinned him up against my other mates car and told him to stop huffing like a child..he then took my bottle of coke off me and threw it across the car park and called me a 'drunk *******' even though I was sober. When we got there he started gurning that it wasnt free entry and said he wasnt talking to me again... when we got to the part that you pay your entry money they told us it was free in.

Then later on that night the same friend told me hes was joking? I told him he was talking bull **** and that he clearly wasn't joking! He started laughing and saying we were really mates..

Does this guy need some manners knocked into him? He did try and start a fight with me at the shop after all. I may ignore him for a month or two until he gives me the respect I deserve.

What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    I don't really understand the second incident but if you dropped out of a holiday last minute then you should pay the money you owe someone. You can't expect someone else to foot the bill if your ferry ticket was not refundable!

ReputationRep:
    Just deck him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I like school)
    I don't really understand the second incident but if you dropped out of a holiday last minute then you should pay the money you owe someone. You can't expect someone else to foot the bill if your ferry ticket was not refundable!
    But he did just say "I just gave him the 40 pound as I couldn't be bothered listening to him gurn." :rolleyes: So it wasn't actually his fault. And there would have been a good reason for it.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's reasonable for him to ask for the £40, as it wasn't his and was his Dad's and you pulled out.

The second one? He was overreacting, and I'm assuming he might have been drinking? Can't really class him as not being a true friend on one incident when people were drinking and were rushing to something.

ReputationRep:
    There's no such thing as a "true friend".

Ditch him. He's not worth the energy.

ReputationRep:
    Can you guys stop saying 'pulled out'

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a bunch of girls, that's the gayest thing I've ever read.

Did he really "offer" to talk to you the whole night if you stopped at a shop?

ReputationRep:
    What does gurn mean?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Shoulda bottled 'im bruv.

No but seriously, if you payed him the money, then all should be well in theory? Not sure what the spark was for the 2nd incident...or what it's about at all in all honesty.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2014
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.