4th AS level Watch

user 12345
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hiya, basically in my 4th AS level i got a D and im not sure whether or not to resit it. I applied to kings manchester Southampton and Leicester and the student room page says southampton and kings require an a and a "b" in the 4th as level respectively. I've been put on hold at manchester and not heard back from the others either way. Our school is sorting out resits now and as such was wondering if i should resit this 4th as level? (The AS level is maths, got a d in c1 e in c2 and a "b" in s1)
StarvingAutist
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Resit it if you think you'll improve, consider the workload though.
AdamskiUK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by user 12345)
Hiya, basically in my 4th AS level i got a D and im not sure whether or not to resit it. I applied to kings manchester Southampton and Leicester and the student room page says southampton and kings require an a and a "b" in the 4th as level respectively. I've been put on hold at manchester and not heard back from the others either way. Our school is sorting out resits now and as such was wondering if i should resit this 4th as level? (The AS level is maths, got a d in c1 e in c2 and a "b" in s1)
It won't affect your position for this application cycle. If you applied with a D on your UCAS form then unless you put down the subject twice with the clear intention that the grade was pending for that unit (indicating that you plan to resit this module) then they will take your application as is.

A greater number of unis are asking for either an A or B grade in your 4th AS. HYMS, Kings, Southampton, a few others...

With that in mind, if you intend to reapply should you not get in this year, you might well *need* to resit it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (61)
14.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (41)
10.05%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (78)
19.12%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (125)
30.64%

Watched Threads