Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    okay so im crashing Higher Geography this year and i am really struggling
    Really dont get Rural Land Degradation and im struggling to remember all my diagrams and notes...if anyone has any tips or advice please reply

thank ya!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey I did that last year, I'm doing adv higher now :/ is that in paper 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmyp96)
    Hey I did that last year, I'm doing adv higher now :/ is that in paper 2?
    Yeah its paper 2, im struggling so much and i dont know if its worthwhile just dropping to foccus on my other highers/adv highers ..

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do that topic for mine, but what really helped me is that I went through all the past papers and looked at all the possible questions they could ask, as there is not to many they can ask. I just wrote possible answers to each kind of question and I managed to get 76/100 hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmyp96)
    I didn't do that topic for mine, but what really helped me is that I went through all the past papers and looked at all the possible questions they could ask, as there is not to many they can ask. I just wrote possible answers to each kind of question and I managed to get 76/100 hope this helps
    Yeah that really helps
    thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    Re-draw the diagrams over and over until you start to remember them, that's the best way to learn them. But also think about what the diagrams mean, if you have a general understanding of everything that is happening instead of a formulated response then it will be easier for you to explain.

Geography is a heavy subject in terms of theory, and there's a ridiculous amount of marks so its about spilling out everything that you know onto the paper. I wouldn't drop the subject, I actually found it to be my most interesting subject last year, although I don't think we did rural land degradation, whatever that is sounds pretty dull.

Good luck, all the best. Like someone else said look at past papers and markers solutions to get a clear indication of what to expect in the exam.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    What I did was come up with a list of possible questions using past exams and homework questions. Then write and memorise model answers. Found it useful to put each point as a bullet, then use mnemonics and the like. I got 199/200 in my prelim so clearly worked.

There are only really a set number of questions that can come up, especially for paper 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.