Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi Guys! So I've received all 5 of my offers from my chosen universities for Psychology (UEA, Nottingham Trent, Brunel, Loughborough & Essex) but I'm really struggling on which one to choose.

My offers are as follows:
    UEA - ABB
    Essex - ABB
    Loughborough - AAB
    Brunel - AAB
    Nottingham Trent - BBC

My expected grades are AAA and I am currently really swayed towards Nottingham Trent (like the feel of the uni, people, city etc.) However, so many people are putting me of with the "formerly a poly" and "With grades like that you should have applied to this uni" etc etc.

Personally, I would rather be surrounded by people similar to me in terms of personalities and interests and think that if I had applied at a prestigious university (e.g. Warwick, Sheffield, Nottingham) I would feel totally out of my depth! I'm also a bit of a "stresshead" when it comes to exams, so I need somewhere that I feel wouldn't put so much pressure on me. Obviously, I want to finish with a 2:1 (or possibly higher, if I could manage) to do either Neurophysiology or something similar as a masters in the future.

Anybody have any opinions/advice?!

Nottingham best nights out

I go to UEA and I'd highly recommend it, for both the academic and social experiences present here.

Having said that though, what's most important is that you're happy at the university you choose and you enjoy and succeed in the degree programme that you follow. If Nottingham Trent has the course that suits you the best, and you like the other activities/social life that the school presents, then go for it. All those universities have pretty good sized student bodies though, so I'm sure that you'd be able to meet like-minded people no matter where you go. Try and find the university that's the best fit for you, and don't worry too much about the opinions of others. Your degree is your degree, nobody elses.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.