The Student Room Group

CCEA A2 ICT... thoughts?

Thoughts on this mornings ICT paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Very easy?

No difficult questions if you just learned the mark schemes answers for things like natural user interface, acts, errors, RDA, Waterfall etc. Normalisation was very basic, but only 6 marks.. Essay was quite easy, but hard to say how the mark schemes look of course. But still question was a gift compared to previous years like mobile networks report etc. Overall much easier than other tests ive done. Hoepfully around 100 out of 120 :smile:

Few basic AS questions, was stumped a bit at the wireless question. Said cost effective since no cables. And drawback that if too many users trying to access same time, slower data transmission and access to internet, not too sure about that.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
I'm in the same mindset, only question I found challenging was the wireless network. That said, knowing ccea, the mark scheme will be a bitch as usual! haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Did you guys get PLANT-TREE for 1NF?

Edit: what am I talking about... I forget the field names.

What did you think about the report on MIS
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
No I got customer, loan, loan/plant and plant. It wasn't too bad compared to other report questions.
Reply 5
Yeah sorry that's what I got too.

For the total price, did you put this in Loan table?
And quantity in loan/plant?

and what briefly did you write for the MIS section?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
I put the total price in the loan table and the quantity in the loan/plant. Basically gave an overview of what an MIS and how it would monitor stock levels and spot trend to optimise stock levels. Then for the second section I talked about loss of human intuition and what would happen if the system failed or was designed incorrectly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending