Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Student Finance application watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I currently live with my grandparents who completely financially support me, but whilst filling in my application it is insisting on my mum being contacted for considering her financial situation and whether I should be considered for extra support. I'm occasionally in contact with her for birthdays and occasional visits, but it is very frustrating that they will be contacting her and expecting her to support my application when she has little to do with me. Instead I've put my grandparents details in place of mother and father, but am worried I will get in trouble for this? Very annoying they do not consider specific personal circumstances.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They will simply refuse to consider your grandparents. You are still in contact with your mum and under 24. They will insist on going off her income. There is no other way of doing it. If you do not provide her details you will not get an income assessed loan or any grants. Otherwise we'd all love to claim we live with poor pensioner grandparents!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.