Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What salary can a person without a degree expect these days? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just got my results and i failed my resit and so i wont be allowed into next year at my uni without resitting the entire module again. I dont plan on doing this as i am really bored of the subject i was studying anyway. Personally i am now repulsed by unis. So what kind of salary can a person without a degree expect.

Please dont come up with the lame old, mcdonalds jokes please!

ReputationRep:
    £6.31 p/hr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martin jol)
    £6.31 p/hr.
    This. But I think you're pretty likely to get that even if you do have a degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How can you possibly answer this? It's entirely contingent on all the other human qualities except education. Half the world's billionaires are probably not graduates. Most sports superstars aren't graduates. Many very wealthy people do not have degrees and many very poor people are overladen with letters after their names.

ReputationRep:
    Cue the snobbery from all the TSR users who believe having a degree is the most important worth while thing to acquire in your life...Therefore, without one, you'll be on minimum wage..

Steve jobs, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Michael Deal were all university 'drops out' now Look at them. With the exception of Steve Jobs God rest his soul!

There is a wide variety of high paying jobs that don't require having a degree such as Insurance,Banking, Web developers, Marketing executives to name a few. These type of jobs can earn you up to 100k, even more..

ReputationRep:
    The sky is the limit, you don't need a degree to be successful! My friend doesn't have a degree and is earning more than me at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    It depends, if you are mentally and physically fit, you should be able to work 35 hours a week and get £24,000 a year within a short time, maybe a few months training at best.

But if you are exceptionally clever, and a people person, you should be able to get even more than that, I would say, £30,000 and ever more.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.army.mod.uk/join/

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.