Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Higher English Exam watch

    • Thread Starter

    I have applied to do a PGDE (secondary) in geography, but one of the minimum requirements is a C in higher English (or equivalent).

    Unfortunately I do not have this, but I understand that I can pay to resit the exam at my old school or college.

    When I was at school we had to pass NABs before we were allowed to sit the exam. Is this still the case? And if so, how do I go about it. Do I need to apply to do a night course?

    I'm sure your school will have the NAB evidence/records still? If you passed each one you could perhaps ask the school to send the proof to the college you choose to take the resit. Obviously, if you re-take the exam in your old school there shouldn't be any problems.

    If you DIDN'T pass these NABs you may have to sit the whole course again instead of just doing the exam.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 21, 2014
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier


Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.


Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.