Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    anyone without any real qualifications got onto this course as a mature student with work history in care?

    I've known people to. There are a lot of people who go into social work, having worked as Social Work Assistants, or other roles relevant to social work, for many years.

    The universities will look at your previous experience, but it would be useful if you can also demonstrate that you would be able to meet the academic requirements (e.g. a good standard of written work etc). They usually ask for at least a grade C at GCSE in English and Maths (or equivalent) and often require you to complete a short written test prior to making an offer of a place.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2014
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.