The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Psychology 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Firmed bath ahhhhhh

edit: Hey TSR doesn't like it when you type all in capitals.
(edited 10 years ago)
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by devils
Maybe we'll end up in the same accommodation, so we can walk to Psychology department together every day! Yay! :love:
Woodland is a popular option, so I think it's a bit risky to put it as the second choice. (I have learned my lesson in Durham, I applied for an oversubscribed college and end up getting reallocated to one of my least favourite colleges:frown: )
Also, I just really love Westwood too!

Sorry to burst your bubble but we don't have lectures in the the psychology department (but there is a pretty cool undergrad room with computers only we have access to!).

I'm a final year psychology student (trying to avoid thinking about the future and talking student life etc) so feel free to ask me anything :smile:
Reply 202
Original post by ChelseyElla
Sorry to burst your bubble but we don't have lectures in the the psychology department (but there is a pretty cool undergrad room with computers only we have access to!).

I'm a final year psychology student (trying to avoid thinking about the future and talking student life etc) so feel free to ask me anything :smile:

Haha, thanks for your information!
How difficult is it to find placement or jobs related to Psychology? I applied for the course without placement (biggest mistake of my life :s-smilie:), I am hoping for a transfer, but if I don't succeed, how can I try to gain similar work experience in summer holiday or after school?
Reply 203
Original post by devils
How difficult is it to find placement or jobs related to Psychology? I applied for the course without placement (biggest mistake of my life :s-smilie:), I am hoping for a transfer, but if I don't succeed, how can I try to gain similar work experience in summer holiday or after school?

Just wanted to let you know that Bath say they encourage people to eventually continue for the placement year anyway so I dont think it matters if you applied for the non placement psychology course. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by devils

Hopefully you'll be able to swap as the placement is such an amazing opportunity!

I haven't started looking for grad jobs yet as my boyfriends job is about to move him to an unknown place so I'm waiting to find out where first. In terms of experience, the department have just started putting on summer 'placements' which is open for all psychology students to apply. Unfortunately because of of the rules around hospital and any group of vulnerable people, it can be difficult to find something yourself. My advise would probably be to do some volunteering with children as any child related jobs ask you to have worked with children before.
Reply 205
Original post by AlissaNB
Just wanted to let you know that Bath say they encourage people to eventually continue for the placement year anyway so I dont think it matters if you applied for the non placement psychology course. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, it gives me hope! Actually the staff told me that it is possible to transfer to the placement course, but it's only a small opportunity. :frown:
But let's not worry about it and focus on study now! :wink:
Reply 206
Original post by ChelseyElla
Hopefully you'll be able to swap as the placement is such an amazing opportunity!

I haven't started looking for grad jobs yet as my boyfriends job is about to move him to an unknown place so I'm waiting to find out where first. In terms of experience, the department have just started putting on summer 'placements' which is open for all psychology students to apply. Unfortunately because of of the rules around hospital and any group of vulnerable people, it can be difficult to find something yourself. My advise would probably be to do some volunteering with children as any child related jobs ask you to have worked with children before.

I know, a placement year in a reputable university is just a massive advantage! Really hope I could transfer to it!

Thanks for your tips! I guess I would try finding volunteer work and other psychology-related jobs as soon as the course starts :tongue:
How did everyone do today? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending