Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I need some advice. watch

    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    Ok, so I'll explain what's going on. Around 3 years ago, my parents divorced as my dad had been seeing someone else. I'm 16 and I now live with my mum, but I have suspicions that she may be seeing someone who is married. The person I think she may be seeing is a business partner of hers, but my mum often comes back home late in the evening after deciding to stay out after work and get a meal with him, and she sees him socially as well, sometimes going for walks together in the local area. They could just be friends, but my mum has never met this guy's wife, which is quite odd considering they are pretty good friends. Should I talk to my mum about it or should I trust that she wouldn't do anything like that? The worst part is that she knows first-hand how horrible it is to be cheated on by a husband, and I can't bear the thought that she might be inflicting the same thing on another woman. Your advice and thoughts would be appreciated.

    Hi. That sounds like a horrible situation to be in. If I was you I wouldn't say anything to your Mum about it because it might make things very awkward even if your suspicions are right and she is in a relationship with a married man. I just have a feeling that if you did say something then you might get told that it's none of your business (I don't mean that in a horrible way and I don't know you or anything about your relationship with your Mum but thought it might be something to consider). It must be hard bottling this up but hopefully at least telling us on here about your situation can help you get things off your chest. Hope this helps x
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2014
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.