Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to look my age? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hellooo, again!

Frequent thread maker, I know :yep:

Basically, im really short anyway, so people mistake me for being about 12 (if im lucky), when im 17!

Been told I have a baby face? Not sure though, since I don't really have any cheeks!
    I guess I don't dress like a 17 year old should?
    Since I'm a child at heart, I don't really 'act' 17 either

Any suggestions on looking, acting, dressing my age please?

ReputationRep:
    Do a Texas Chainsaw massacre and wear the faces of other people. Ta-da.

Fabulous.

ReputationRep:
    Makeup! If you want to look older, you could try contouring. If you want, PM me a photo of your face and I'll turn it into a contouring diagram for you
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Like Tyrion said, make-up can be very helpful. However apply it properly as if you overdo it then you can end up looking much younger, like a child playing dress up haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Makeup! If you want to look older, you could try contouring. If you want, PM me a photo of your face and I'll turn it into a contouring diagram for you

(Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~)
    Like Tyrion said, make-up can be very helpful. However apply it properly as if you overdo it then you can end up looking much younger, like a child playing dress up haha
    Hi, guys!

Thank you, thank you, I really needed this! I cannot for the life of me, know how to wear make up! Help please? And Tyrion, will take you up on that request! But, how do you attach photos to PMs?

Don't really have much make up though, just mascara, eyeliner (both liquid and pencil), some lippy, eyeshadow, blush and foundation. Well, that is a lot actually I mean, I don't have concealer or all these other things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nivvy21)
    Hi, guys!

Thank you, thank you, I really needed this! I cannot for the life of me, know how to wear make up! Help please? And Tyrion, will take you up on that request! But, how do you attach photos to PMs?

Don't really have much make up though, just mascara, eyeliner (both liquid and pencil), some lippy, eyeshadow, blush and foundation. Well, that is a lot actually I mean, I don't have concealer or all these other things
    There is a little opotion at the top that says attach image For contouring, you just need a foundation 2+ shades darker than your skin

ReputationRep:
    It'll pay off, just ride it out.

ReputationRep:
    There is a little opotion at the top that says attach image For contouring, you just need a foundation 2+ shades darker than your skin
    Hmm, I cant actually tell if its 2 shades darker I think its lighter (its called Honey glow)

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I cant actually tell if its 2 shades darker I think its lighter (its called Honey glow)
    You need 2, one normal one and one darker

ReputationRep:
    You need 2, one normal one and one darker
    Will go buy some tomorrow then and I still cant find the attach button I tried clicking on attach picture, but its asks for a url

ReputationRep:
    I have a similar problem, people mistake me for 15 when I'm actually 18. I've found that, besides make-up and clothes, straightening, curling or dying your hair (though not healthy) and gaining a few pounds can make quite a difference. Younger kids tendencially wear their hair just as it is and look ridiculous in adult clothes because they don't have the adequate body proportions.

ReputationRep:
    Will go buy some tomorrow then and I still cant find the attach button I tried clicking on attach picture, but its asks for a url
    There's a button when you click, press from computer

ReputationRep:
    Hi, guys!

Yep makeup is the way forward. Plus also do things with your hair e.g. Wear it up etc as young girls tend to not do anything interesting. As for clothing, aire on the side of formal over casual. I know someone shorter than you who does these things and looks her age
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Hi, guys!

If you are unsure on what kind of make-up suits you/your skin tone then maybe book an appointment or turn up to those makeup counters at big department stores like Selfridges and Debenhams as many brands do free make-up a make-over sessions where they show you what kind of foundation/lipstick etc. suits your skin tone. Can be really helpful if you are a beginner in wearing makeup and many places do this for free. I went to the MAC section in Selfridges a couple of years ago for my prom makeup and they were very helpful and showed me what kind of foundation and colours suit my skin tone

ReputationRep:
    There's a button when you click, press from computer
    Really sorry, will just upload a pic on to my profile into an album

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoking)
    Yep makeup is the way forward. Plus also do things with your hair e.g. Wear it up etc as young girls tend to not do anything interesting. As for clothing, aire on the side of formal over casual. I know someone shorter than you who does these things and looks her age
    Yeah, make sense, thank you! Although, if I do tie it up, I have to cover my ears

ReputationRep:
    Really, sorry, will just upload a pic on to my profile into an album
    It's okay Message me when you've done it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~)
    If you are unsure on what kind of make-up suits you/your skin tone then maybe book an appointment or turn up to those makeup counters at big department stores like Selfridges and Debenhams as many brands do free make-up a make-over sessions where they show you what kind of foundation/lipstick etc. suits your skin tone. Can be really helpful if you are a beginner in wearing makeup and many places do this for free. I went to the MAC section in Selfridges a couple of years ago for my prom makeup and they were very helpful and showed me what kind of foundation and colours suit my skin tone
    Ill do that soon, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    You really are 12.

Just joking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bonfire_heart)
    I have a similar problem, people mistake me for 15 when I'm actually 18. I've found that, besides make-up and clothes, straightening, curling or dying your hair (though not healthy) and gaining a few pounds can make quite a difference. Younger kids tendencially wear their hair just as it is and look ridiculous in adult clothes because they don't have the adequate body proportions.
    Im pretty sure I have adequate body proportions

Thanks for all the tips though! Cant really think of many hairstyles though, as I have to cover my ears

(Original post by Ggmu!)
    It'll pay off, just ride it out.
    Ride it out? But, but ill look like a pre-teen at uni this year!

(Original post by Nerd2)
    You really are 12.

Just joking
    Gee, thanks! No, im just tech incompetent!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.